First time LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Cobra200, May 25, 2019.

1. I hope you have some help with trimming. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. It was all just several round of supercropping to tame down the tops that kept pushing above the others. I didn't know if I would even have enough room to finish this plant when I put it in the flower tent. Had to supercrop the whole top of the plant with like 20 or more bends just to get about 14" of light distance.

3. Well it looks truly amazing I love the stalk also she's really crossed over to the tree category .
    Supercropping.
    I'm sold on it, my last run was Mephisto autos that grew really fast and tall and I had to start laying branches over because height was becoming an issue and it really made a noticable difference. I cant wait till my young plants are ready for it.
    20190613_031221.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Exactly. I feel like it's the best for indoor growing. When you bend the colas all down like that they get way better light then facing straight up. The bottom and middle part of the plant develop better. Mid size colas come out all over from the undergrowth.

What can be easier then bending branches also. No real equipment necessary. You can tie branches down but I usually don't.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That auto never missed a beat and outperform the other 3 plants in the closet with it by 100%-200% or another way to say it is she produced approximately the same wieght as the others combined. When I took it out of the closet it fell like a house of cards . 20190612_231210.jpg

6. I bought a decent meter that does DC amps with a clamp so I can figure out exactly my light's power consumption easily. I only took a few readings to try it. Hard to reach in the tent until I trim this plant without getting all sticky. I'll be doing some checking on the dimming range of all the lights and how much power I'm really using once I get the tent cleaned out. $128 on amazon. Fluke 362.
    IMG_1192.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Don't forget the efficiency of the driver in the calculation. Dimming it down will yield you better efficiencies so thats pretty solid.