first time, just testing the waters

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by camtheman, Nov 25, 2013.

1. So ive been smoking for awhile now but only this last year have I started looking into growing. My girl and I are just kinda winging it, we have read plenty of guides and what not but only experience really helps you learn.
    I have some pictures I will be posting just tell me if im on the right path for the most part.
    Two of the plants looking droopy because we had just moved them to a different pot. Been keeping them on a 18-6 light schedule. 

Attached Files:

2. #2 Long White Cloud, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    Plant looks pretty decent. The biggest mistakes I have been making as a newbie is to take too much care of the plants. Nature can do its thing without you if it needs. I jumped into a nute schedule before I ascertained whether they needed them. Evidently they did not.

What kind of light are you using?

Some tips; (I am not implying that you're doing these things wrong just what i learned)
    Make sure the temp doesn't change dramatically between "night" and "day" (purple stalks is a sign of this)
    Keep your watering to a schedule and don't just give it some if it looks dry, every 1-2 days, poke your finger into the soil to test if it is moist or needing water if unsure
    White tips of leaf blades, curling leaf tips = heat/light stress

3. #3 camtheman, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    Were using Daytime CFL's. Glad to hear they are looking alright.
    We usually water them once every 4 days seems to be working pretty well. ill have to look about the tempature change because I feel like that could be a problem. 
    Thanks for the help

Edit: ill try and get better pictures. I realize the pictures are not the best.

4. Here are some better pictures for you guys. The first one is a feminized seed a buddy gave me. The strain is Tran Siberian. The one is still a little droopy :(, hopefully it gets better in the next day or so.

image copy.jpeg image (1).jpeg image 2 copy.jpeg image (3).jpeg

5. Are you feeding them currently?

6. I am and I'm using floral bloom/micro by general hydroponics

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Long White Cloud, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    Personally, I think you should stop. I see what really only can be nute burn. In the cases it's happened to me I've been lucky enough that the plants were small, I completely washed the root balls before repotting. In your case you might want to do some research on how to flush the pot. Otherwise just start watering with plain water. Are you lowering the dosage for the plants? If so, by how much?

Ive started to think that plant food is only neccesary in very few cases, or at least only neccesary in a very low dosage. Often the potting mix you get will already be pretty strong for the roots to take in.

Also, what is the light output of the bulbs you have?

8. I want to say i've been keeping it a low dose but ill try and make it less.
    And the bulbs are 60 watts.
    The droopy one today is looking a little more lively than yesterday so im happy to see that atleast.

9. Droopy in this case is over watered but can also be under watering. :)

on my second grow:

1000W Coco Sour Diesel SCROG

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1255714-1000W-Coco-Sour-Diesel-SCROG

10. I think in this case its just from moving it from a different pot. Atleast thats what it should be from

11. Yeah that would explain it. As long as they improve then all good. I love seeing a weed plant coming back to health after a transplant, it makes me sad seeing the plant looking sick. For some reason you always just know when they've started coming back, even when they still look wasted, the moment they turn and start improving is somehow possible to pick up on. I think that's cool.

12. I agree. As soon as I had taken them out they just wilted right down I was surprised how fast it was but still is nice to see it improve everyday. Ill give it a couple more days then take some new pictures.

13. Yeah I'm slowly learning how resilient the plant is. You can give them rough transplants and they'll tough it out. They don't need to be babied as much as I thought.

14. Haven't posted pictures lately. Drove to boston last week and just been busy. But I took some new pictures today and the plants look great. They really grew a ton since I left to boston and then came home last night. Although the one is getting a little tall. Thought I had topped it before I left but I guess not.. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387991783.455044.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387991800.033269.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387991813.685090.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1387991825.266587.jpg They need a good watering. My mom watered them once while I was gone but they were left pretty much untouched. Before I left I had changed the lighting to 12 on 12 off also. Let me know how it looks or any tips or advice for when it's time I start harvesting.

15. Can anybody tell me if this is nute burn or just because the lights are too close? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388262892.969520.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1388262921.530041.jpg

16. [quote name="camtheman" post="19046539" timestamp="1385400149"]Were using Daytime CFL's. Glad to hear they are looking alright.We usually water them once every 4 days seems to be working pretty well. ill have to look about the tempature change because I feel like that could be a problem. Thanks for the helpEdit: ill try and get better pictures. I realize the pictures are not the best.[/quote]I think that's burn I'd personally jus trim those leafs off. How close do u. Have the CFLs. To the plant? Looks like its stretching for light a lil. Bit.Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 camtheman, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
    Between 4-6 inches. and we were kinda tight on lights with having 4 plants. But we just had to rip out two of them because they were males. :(

18. [quote name="camtheman" post="19243388" timestamp="1388263549"]Between 4-6 inches. and we were kinda tight on lights with having 4 plants. But we just had to rip out two of them because they were males. :([/quote]That sucks but you got more lights for your other plants now

19. Yeah hopefully everything will be ok now.

20. Sup blades here are some recent pictures I took tonight. She is looking so good! The smell that I smell when I walk in the room is almost overwhelming. I'm thinking it's going to be ready to harvest here in the next couple of weeks. The other one I'm not so sure about. SHe just recently this week starting to bring out all those white hairs but still excited to see her at her full potential. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389916762.954790.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389916775.372535.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389916785.283754.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389916794.900312.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app