First time journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jear, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Hey I'm starting out with a little bit of everything, all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hi there this is my first attempt at growing, I've done some research but really kinda decided to throw caution to the wind and try a little bit of everything[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

These two are in their 5th week of Veg from seed. Started as bag seed. Germinated for a cpl days using the paper towel method and put them in party cups under a viparspectra 450 LED. Eventually moving up to one gallon pots and now 5 gals.... one was only topped once and the other twice.... not sure how much longer they should veg for? I'm going to try to fill the scrog net out a bit first.... advice and tips are welcomed!!

These two again are bag seed. They are in week 4 of Veg and came up much the same as
    The others. One was topped once and the other was an attempt at some sort of mainline variation lol[​IMG][​IMG]

These other three are:

Critical mass Fem[​IMG]

2Fast2vast autoflower [​IMG]

Only difference with these is they've vegged under a 1000w MH lamp from the jump, they're 3 weeks old and all from seed.

Last but not least...[​IMG]
    Northern lights Fem

She just popped yesterday

Note: all have started a general hydroponics floraseries full nutrient regiment at 1/2 strength at the end of week 2 with a feed/water/water routine.......

As always any and all tips tricks and pointers are welcomed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like you got plenty going to keep you busy

4. Lol, ya I'm not sure if I know exactly what I got myself into haha

5. Lmao shouldnt be too bad

6. Kinda jumped the gun a little on the room, trying to do a perpetual grow, I never took into consideration the separate flower room.... ah well, I'll figure it out

7. Looks like you've done a great job so far. The first pics look to me to be an Indica based plant. Those are short, stocky and grow more like a bush and will probably take a while to fill out a very big scrog net. The sativas are a more lanky and taller growing plant, of course, and scrog better IMO...which is just that...an opinion. My biggest advice would be to not overload your flower lighting when you do decide to flip the lights. Each plant needs as much wattage and good quality flower light it can get without being crowded out by other plants which just shades light from getting below the canopy of the plant. You'll get more off a single plant that gets all the light it can get and is tended properly than you will by trying to flower 3 in the same space. And just another little nugget I'll throw in for free, LOL, but the more tops you have on a plant, the less size you get in the tops...which is a preference thing I guess. In the beginning, was topping mine way too much. I backed off to only a couple of times during veg and like the results better. We run 4, 1000 watt HPS lamps per flower room (approx 10 x 14 or so) and only flower 2 plants under each light. I veg them for 10 weeks (actually 12 if you count the two weeks before the flip when I take clones) to get some size on them and in 5 gal. buckets. But we've got our yield per plant to around 3.5 to 4 oz after harvest and cure. Always striving to become a better grower and continue learning every day...after all these years. Best of luck to you. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks for the advice! I have a 1000w HPS for flower, that should be sufficient for two/three plants in a 2.5x3 scrog, no??

• Like Like x 1