First time indoor grow with autos

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Noobgrower2019, Jul 25, 2019.

1. So I finally decided to start growing indoors. My setup is a 2x4x5 tent with 240w 3000k quantum board on a dimmer.
    I have 1 Northern lights auto and 3 Purple kush autos. My NL is about 1 week ahead of the PK because I had a germinating issues with the first batch of PK.
    My NL is about 5 days old after sprouting. Does it look like it’s on a decent grow rate?
    upload_2019-7-24_21-23-59.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-24_21-28-2.jpeg

I just gave it roots excelurator gold yesterday. I also have floranova grow liquid nutrients for next week. It’s in a 3 gallon fabric pot with pro mix hp soil.

My lights are at 18” and dimmed down to about 7000lux at the soil height. Humidity is bouncing from 59-90% and temperature is steady around the 21 degree mark.

Looking at other grow logs it looks like mine is way behind in growth.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. I wouldn't be too worried of anything yet.... I wouldn't say she is WAY behind. She looks healthy so keep up what you are doing.

3. Looks good so far

4. Not a thing wrong with having autos at different stages, since nothing needs to be flipped at the same time. My solution is to keep each plant at it's own optimum height, and raise and lower plants instead of trying to adjust the board perfectly for everyone.
    Autos do not need to be pushed. Fear not, they all get you stoned if you just keep them alive. I would avoid extras when an auto is small. Good light is what they really like and it will determine way more the final plant than secret chemicals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Noobgrower2019, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    What is the best light schedule for sprouting seeds and seeding autos? I currently have my lights at 18/6.

6. 7 days after sprouting.
    C92E9DE4-0F06-4B13-B813-D318E06BCCD4.jpeg
    95FB0740-B2D2-4C3D-8B89-BE739142FEF1.jpeg

7. 24/0 all the way baby...autos love life, but it's not very long, so give them what they need, and they need light. Some growers like darkness, like 6 or 4 hours a day, but autos like all the light they can get. Wouldn't you if you were going to die in 90 days?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wow really I thought they needed darkness to help grow roots?

9. No, cannabis is a c3 plant. Most plants are, and they need no darkness for anything. Cannabis needs darkness to trigger flowering. Ruderalis needs no darkness to trigger flowering. But both cannabis and ruderalis are c3 plants and need no darkness for plant health or growth. Autos are nice though, if it gets hot or the room is uncool you can turn out the lights without messing up any flowering cycle.

10. Awesome I will switch it to 24 hours I do t have a problem with temperature.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Another question
    I have my lights at 18” and dimmed down to about 7300 lux are they to close and should I raise them and turn them up a bit?

12. That's a good question. Growers post all kinds of lux and inch readings. And then there are different lights.
    My sweet spot for my qb 135w v2 4000k is 30 inches above the medium at 20,000 lux. I mean it's really really nice for me. But I have no idea if that translates to another growers situation.
    Tboneshuffle recently posted his lux guidelines if you search is posts, he is a light expert.
    But most important is to learn how to read light burn. My days of maxing autos is over. If they are not stretching I have no curiosity to see how close I can get before they burn. Light burn causes a chain reaction of bad things and if mis diagnosed, the grower will usually make things even worse.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 Noobgrower2019, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Ya I may go back to photos after this grow. I did get his lux chart for different stages of growth, but didn’t find any thing about heights.

Tbone Shuffle 18" is a good rule of thumb distance for full power in flower. Also would be good for half power mid veg. Best to buy a good lux meter. 5,000-8000 lux seeds, 10,000-20,000 lux early veg, 20,000-40,000 lux late veg, 50,000-70,000 lux in flower.

14. Man yours look good. Mine are half that size in the same amount of time