First Time Indoor Grow, Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Tru Ganjaman, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Hey fellow blades [​IMG]

So I've decided that I want to grow a small garden for personal medication, but I'm a little stumped at the vast amount of information out there. So here's the situation; I would need to have about 1.5-2oz of smokeable buds per month (including the drying and curing process), and need to get the most out of the least number of plants possible (I want this garden to be as small as possible)

So what would you guys recommend? I was looking into CFLs (which would be preferrable because of the low heat and electricity required, and would work well in a small space), but after realizing the yield I would need on a monthly basis, I'm not sure this would be my best approach.

Please don't flame me for making a new thread, or the old "use the search button" response; I've been searching and researching for almost a week, making notes for myself and getting ideas, but I haven't heard of much in terms of average yield in small/micro grows.

Any suggestions or links to similar situations would be greatly appreciated!

TG

2. first of all, 1.5-2 ounces per month? You realize flowering takes at least 8 weeks, so you need to be running a perpetual grow or else you better bump that to every 2 months. And this isn't including drying and curing which takes at least 2 weeks.

3. [quote name='"omdogg"']

first of all, 1.5-2 ounces per month? You realize flowering takes at least 8 weeks, so you need to be running a perpetual grow or else you better bump that to every 2 months. And this isn't including drying and curing which takes at least 2 weeks.[/quote]

I have to agree. And yield depends on the genetics of the strain. For space issues I used LST it also improves ur yeild. As to a final yield estimate ur guess is as good as anybody elses

4. yield doesn't just depend on genetics...it depends on everything in the environment + genetics. I like to think of 80% of the yield dependent on environment, 10% on nutrients and 10% on genetics.

5. i would say 90% on the grower and 10% on everything else. However growing outdoors (if you can only check every couple weeks) reverses these numbers.

for the yield you want, you are gonna need something a bit larger than you probably want.
    i would say, 4 sets of plants at about 2-3 weeks apart at the least. Maybe get 2 good mothers and veg them and just take clones every so often.

6. i'd have to agree with this out side of that i agree with omdogg getting that about every month is a big stretch, i honestly don't think you could get that much that soon unless your some super grower that makes your plants do things they aren't ment to do

best of luck with your grow
    $murf

7. what we are trying to say, is that unless you go big, its probably not gonna happen. unless you can find a plant that goes from seed to harvest in 30 days. (if you do, let me know)