First time indoor grow. 1000w light , and nutrients

Discussion in 'Picture Post Archive' started by Zesty.Norcal, May 25, 2016.

1. :rave-girl:First time grower, going alright so far haven't nuked em with nutes or anything yet. I'm using Sensi grow a & b , bio root , fish and guano by Monterey(organic) , and about to start using calmag+ By General organics.
    I got the ladies on an 18/6 under a 1000w . I just got a handful of seeds from a coworker you see that are about a week old gonna weave through the males had a really high germination success rate from soaking 24 hrs. For the ladies, I got like 9 different clones from the shop , xxx , sherbet , critical jack , Tahoe og , dosido and a few others .. Any advice helps :Love-Plant:Always here's my grow .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. How's it looking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Those babies are looking great! How long did you veg them?

4. What in the world are you going to do with all those plants? A single 1,000 watt lamp is only good for growing out probably 4 max...and that's pushing it. It kind of depends on whether you're growing indicas or sativas because they both grow entirely different. But crowding up a bunch of plants under a light for the sake of flowering off a bunch is just shooting yourself in the foot. You can harvest more from a single plant that gets all the light and proper tending it needs than you can by trying to flower 3 in the same space. Each plant needs enough space to relax and open up as much as possible to allow light to penetrate below the canopy. Otherwise, you don't get decent development of anything but the tops. As far as veg length time, we run on a 10 week cycle. Our flower rooms have 4 1000 watt lamps each and all the ducting, etc. and the most important thing...the large window unit that allows us to run those 4 big lamps. The heat they put off is tremendous and we run two 435 cfm can fans to pull heat off them. Normally, my plants are between 3 and 4 ft. tall going into flower and have a many tops as I want because I start topping them just as soon as I know they're rooted in well and putting on new growth at a good pace. I top them all throughout the veg cycle and we usually have small trees going into flower. They have been ending up about 4.5 to 5 ft. tall at harvest and most of the time I have to tie down the main colas because I can't keep them far enough away from the lamps. By tying the main colas down, that allows the light to reach down into the plant anyway and forces better growth of bud sites that would've been hidden. But you're going to end up with a whole bunch of plants that you don't need and probably won't be able to manage because of space concerns. Your plants will need containers that are relative to the size that they are as they grow and the longer you veg them, the larger you're going to have to go in container size which is going to leave you with like no space in that area there. I would pick 3 of the best plants I have and flower those to start with. If they're indica strains, they don't get the size on them that the sativas do and you can probably do more at a time with them. But I don't like messing with indicas because they are such slow growers because they have such tight node spacing. They also don't like heat too much and work better in the cooler northern climates. We live in the SE US and the heat and humidity here in the summer are priceless...so the indicas didn't last long. LOL

If I were you, I would go into the forums and check out some journals of some of the older more experienced growers who have a setup similar to yours. You'll get a better idea of what your equipment is actually capable of. I also encourage you to spend just as much time on learning how to tend these plants during an indoor grow as you did planning the room you're growing them in. Most people never consider researching how to tend the plant and get some growing and they end up clueless about what is going on. There are some very basic things you need to understand going in unless you want to cause unnecessary stress and setback to your plants by using the "fly by the seat of the pants" method. Go to the beginner growers thread near the bottom of the "forums" page and read the "sticky's" at the top. They contain the basics the new grower needs to understand about how to take care of the plant and keep it happy. You need to grow a couple through their life cycles to get a good understanding of it all and have it make sense...or it's that way with most people. But the more you know about what you're doing and the best way to go about it, the better the outcome in the end. The more you know, the better you grow. Best of luck. TWW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You should paint your walls with a high gloss paint to help with reflecting. maybe smooth out the wall too. i bet you're growth rate will increase!