First time in life having a real income

Discussion in 'General' started by pezlet, Jul 30, 2012.

1. I realize this is a slightly ridiculous and borderline "do whatever the fuck you want, it's your life" sort of thread, but I'm curious. What would you guys buy? It seems like I've wanted so many things, and now that I have money, I don't know what to do with it.
    I don't want to buy any pieces just yet because I'm not living on my own right now, but I can finally start ordering random garbage online. Haha.

I'm thinking I should expand my wardrobe with some nice clothes, and I want one of those silk pajama suits that Barney has in How I Met Your Mother, just because I can. I want a lava lamp (had one when I was a kid and miss it), and I'll probably get a few posters to add some color to my room, but I don't want to turn it into a complete stoner room just yet because my parents don't understand the culture (though they know I have smoked 'several times').

Do you blades remember your first job? What did you buy?

2. dude same here.. im finally make good money... i'm about to buy a galaxy s3 tomorrow.. #1 smartphone. other than that ima buy a bunch of new clothes, maybe a few pieces of jewlery and then ima save my $... eventually ima spend $1500 on a custom gaming pc too

3. Hahaha get the silk robe that neil patrick has lol.

And im gunna buy a fcking nice computer when i get some money... Im also goin to fix up somethings on my car.. But these are all preety expensive things, just need a lil more money.

4. A nice new bong:smoking:

5. Yeah, I'm probably going to end up saving for some better stuff too. I'm not big into the stupid $10 trinkets that you can buy online, but then again, sometimes there's stupid stuff that I just really want for whatever reason. Hahah. Workaholics plush toys or something equally ridiculous.

Jewelry is actually a great idea too, I forgot about that. I'm a guy but I love that shit. Had an earring for a while but then I realized that it wasn't helping in job interviews (sadly) so I got rid of it. Would wear a sick ring every day though, that'll probably be my first purchase. Then some slick clothes. I already have an iphone but I might save up for a nice desktop gaming compy too. Other than that there's not much that I want...I really want a pet but I feel like I should wait until I have my own place.

6. Ain't it nice? BUY ALL THE WEED!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. Just save it man. Your post has Impulsive written all over it. Just save it, move out, and buy mad bud. Or wait until you move out and buy things essential for living. Those things sound great right now but living on your own isn't cheap. I don't know what your living situation is but you can always buy those things another time.

Moral of my post: Just save it.

8. me too dude i love jewelery haha. all i wear right now a 14 kt gold necklace.. i want a bracelet and some rings.. idk about earrings though man

9. This! I have had a lot of older people tell me all the time they wish they would have saved their money instead of blowing it on things.

10. i bought a bong, a lot of attachments for it... and a lot of weed.

11. I ended up investing in my dreams hahah, long story. Should find out what the payoff is in about 2 months. My job right now drug tests so I can't smoke....hoping to get a different job and maybe get my own place. Trust me, a sick bong+attachments is on my list but it just wouldn't make sense right now sadly. I'll probably get some new clothes soon but honestly I haven't even gotten the chance to spend anything on pleasure yet.
    Being responsible is lame.

12. Buy a fleshlight!

13. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']Just save it man. Your post has Impulsive written all over it. Just save it, move out, and buy mad bud. Or wait until you move out and buy things essential for living. Those things sound great right now but living on your own isn't cheap. I don't know what your living situation is but you can always buy those things another time.

Moral of my post: Just save it.[/quote]

Hell yeah. Before my sister moved out she would always buy items when theyre on sale, like kitchen appliances, dishes/silverware, and bathroom necessities. When she moved out, she had pretty much everything she needed.

14. [quote name='"thezool"']Buy a fleshlight![/quote]

Finally somebody says something of value.

Just kidding.
    For real though, might start looking around for kitchenware and stuff but that seems like a long way down the road right now. I'm commuting to college so I'm trying to mooch off of my parents (food/housing) as long as I can. Sadly that also means no paraphernalia or other fun things in the house, but I'll see what I can save up until then.

You guys should check out "miracle berries". I'm about to order some, apparently they make your tongue trip out so everything tastes completely different. Random, but they looked fun. Hahaha

15. If I'm ever earning money where after I've paid my rent, utility and weedman bills, I have a nice chunk of cash left that I don't have to feel guilty spending I'm gonna build myself the beastliest gaming computer known to mankind with a massive fuck off LED screen. Just so, if there's a PC game that I want to play, I just know I won't have any problems running it on the highest settings.

16. I thought about doing that too. If you drop $2k on a build you can put together something pretty nice. I don't have too much time for gaming right now so I haven't bothered, but when I get back into it I'm definitely doing the same.

17. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to SAVE SAVE SAVE.

And smoke less weed, which equals more money saved. Yeah, weed is expensive if you are unable to grow.

18. Maybe I'll come to regret it when it's time to settle down and start a family, but if I could do it all over again I wouldn't save any more or less than I did.

When I first started working, I blew most of my money on things. Things and booze. If I wanted it, I bought it. And I never thought anything of going out and blowing a huge chuck of change for a night on the town. Money. You can't take it with you to the grave.