First time hydro grow 1000w ebb and flow super lemon haze, lemon skunk

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by bc81, Dec 27, 2011.

1. What's up cg been doing some research and I'm gunna go for it my first grow and I must say I'm extremely excited.. Soo far for supplies I have 1000w dimable ballast with htg big kahuna reflector got 2 bulbs mh and hps for veg/flowering gunna have a 6in can and fan setup with duct work cooling reflector and cleaning air leaving the tent.. Ooh yah the tent is 55x55x79 by the way also gunna have a fan moving air around in the tent.. As for the ebb n flow set up I purchased a kit from htg supply the big boy 6 site hydroponic kit

2. Ok so I got my seeds in and germinated them with distilled 5.5 ph water in ziplock bags with paper towel in between ceramic plates.. Luckily all 6 popped in about 48 hours roughly.. I've had the rockwool soaking for 12 hours in 5.5 ph'd distilled water.. I placed the seedlings root down in the rockwool in a humidity tray with heat mat. Tomorow morning they will have been sitting for roughly 12 hours and I will take pics and turn on my 2 Cfls for 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness

3. I will be sure to keep updating and include pics as often as possible and any input would be greatly appreciated

4. Day 1 if light on my tray
    I just turned the lights on this morning I have 2 23w cfl's 1in from the top of the dome on the humidity tray.. Will this be enough light for the seedlings? I was also wondering if I should run the lights 25/7 for the first week or go 18/6?
    The room is
    79f
    27%rh

Will be investing in humidifier this week do to the dry climate I have

Attached Files:

5. Good Setup for a first grow. Stickin around to see how u do. I grow in soil but wanna give hydro a try sometime soon

6. [quote name='"EL DANK HUNTER"']Good Setup for a first grow. Stickin around to see how u do. I grow in soil but wanna give hydro a try sometime soon[/quote]

Cool man the more the merrier!

7. just got out of work and checked on the rockwool nothing to crazy coming out yet but i did notice one of them tryn to pop up and through the rockwool.. they seemed a little bit dry so i gave them a bit of ph'd distilled water.. i also got a humidifier today to deal with my low humidity problem. now i am sitting back and waiting for them to pop up like a little kid waiting for xmas lol

8. Ok so I'm on day 2 and have had the light on 24/7.. 1 out of 6 has popped so far and has little leaves coming out and another is making its way out.. Since I got the humidifier I've been at 50%rh give or take 5%. The rockwool seems to be pretty wet still so I will wait to tomorrow to water don't want to overwater.. Will take some more pics once I make some progress

9. My first round of seedlings have died from what I believe was overwatering the rockwool and to much heat from my heat pad. Soo I started a new batch that I germinated with the shot glass method which worked mint. When the tap roots popped I placed the in 1in rw cubes that I soaked overnight in 5.5 ph ro water.. After a couple days the roots popped out of bottom of the 1in rw so I transplant to 4x4 rw block which was also soaked 5.5 ph ro water this was on 1/14/12 it has been 5 days since I put them in the bigger rw cubes and I still haven't water them because they still seem heavy and wet and I don't want to overwater. When and how much should I water these babies lol? And also two of them are turning yellow at the tips I thought it was from overheating from the lights so I have fan on the lights cooling them off. I'm in a tray with 7in humidity dome sitting on the top of the dome I have 2 150watt cfl and 1 23w cfl. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Here's some pics

10. I just water the 4x4 rockwool cubes with ro water with a ph of 5.7. I drip the water from the top after I drained what had dripped out of the cubes I measured the ph level of the water again and it was now at 7.8. I wondering if this the reason why the tips of my leaves are yellow.. Should I flush the cubes out with 5.5 ph water until the ph off the run off lowers?

11. I watered the cube with ro water with a ph of 5.5 yesterday and the run off I was getting was still 7.8 any ideas on what to do people don't wanna keep flushing and overwater the rockwool

12. Just keep watering with 5.7 ro water...eventually it'll go down...as long as your waiting the for rockwool to dry a lil before watering you should be okay...you don't want to over water. Keep an eye on them ...looking good buddy Subd :) ::smoke::

13. I water my seedlings in 6 n 4inch cubes about a 1/3 of a cup each. Every mourning.

14. [quote name='"Skywalkerss"']Just keep watering with 5.7 ro water...eventually it'll go down...as long as your waiting the for rockwool to dry a lil before watering you should be okay...you don't want to over water. Keep an eye on them ...looking good buddy Subd :) ::smoke::[/quote]

Thanks skywalkerss I water them yesterday the cubes were starting to get a Lil light. I was reading through ur journals ur doing some good work! I'll be sure to keep updating and adding pics along the way. Thanks for the input it's very appreciated :smoke:

15. [quote name='"bc81"']

Thanks skywalkerss I water them yesterday the cubes were starting to get a Lil light. I was reading through ur journals ur doing some good work! I'll be sure to keep updating and adding pics along the way. Thanks for the input it's very appreciated :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks man im still learning too...I'm.actually doing my first hydro run too...and I must say the growth rate vs. Soil is amazing!

Itll be both a learning.curve.for.us. and ill.be.glad to help you as much as I can ::smoke::

Keep the updates going !! +rep ::wave::

16. im excited feel like a lil kid waiting for xmas lol. ive had the light on my seedlings 24/7.. my oldest seedling are about 12 days old and youngest is 7 days. tomorow going to switch the cfls to 18/6 gunna run them from 4pm to 10am so i am home when light are running and can make any needed adjustments. most of them are popping out second set of leaves and small roots are coming through the bottom of my 6x6 rw cubes.. im figuring from what i have read that when the 3rd set of leaves come thru i can start feeding with nutes at 1/4 stregth and put into my ebb n flow system with grow medium(im using grow rocks) and thats when i plan on switching to my 1000w hps i have a dimmable ballast soo will start with 25% strength and work my way up

17. [quote name='"bc81"']im excited feel like a lil kid waiting for xmas lol. ive had the light on my seedlings 24/7.. my oldest seedling are about 12 days old and youngest is 7 days. tomorow going to switch the cfls to 18/6 gunna run them from 4pm to 10am so i am home when light are running and can make any needed adjustments. most of them are popping out second set of leaves and small roots are coming through the bottom of my 6x6 rw cubes.. im figuring from what i have read that when the 3rd set of leaves come thru i can start feeding with nutes at 1/4 stregth and put into my ebb n flow system with grow medium(im using grow rocks) and thats when i plan on switching to my 1000w hps i have a dimmable ballast soo will start with 25% strength and work my way up[/quote]

I know the feeling...I really do have a passion For growing.

Good call on the dimmable light for.sure, it'll save you electric money...and you.can turn.it on full blast When your about To flower.

I'd go really light with the nutes...are you using a pump for your system? Or are you hand watering thru the whole Harvest?

Do you have a ppm/ph meter?

What nutrients are you using?

I can tell you How to mix up your feeding soup by the hand watering schedule.

18. [quote name='"Skywalkerss"']

I know the feeling...I really do have a passion For growing.

Good call on the dimmable light for.sure, it'll save you electric money...and you.can turn.it on full blast When your about To flower.

I'd go really light with the nutes...are you using a pump for your system? Or are you hand watering thru the whole Harvest?

Do you have a ppm/ph meter?

What nutrients are you using?

I can tell you How to mix up your feeding soup by the hand watering schedule.[/quote]

I'm gunna be using a pump system on timers. its a 55gal res with a 5 gallon control bucket the there's 6 3.5gal bucket with net pots to hold the plant and grow rocks I'll attach a pic of it in my tent

I do have a Hanna hi9813-6n combo meter

For nutrients I'm using cutting edge solution micro, bloom, grow not to sure if I should use anything else along with it

Thanks again bro I really appreciate it!
    Ur input is more than welcome :smoke:

19. Today I picked up some more nutrients so here's what I got
    Cutting edge solution micro, grow, and bloom
    Hygrozyme
    Superthrive
    Cal mag
    And some h202

20. Nice bro!

Those are all good key ingredients to have. ::smoke::

Really you can run just all that plus your base nutrients. In veg only tho :(

I mean you could run it thru, my roomate just did an ebb n flow, with base A&B ,hygrozyme, and big bud in flower lol...he grew purple mendo which seemed like a very tough plant to fuck up.

But for right now you can use those...and in a month or so switch to better flowering nutes.

My hydro guy will always throw me samples of nutrient lines.

Just ask if they have any for veg n flowering in hydro sometimes they got em. Its free and itll last you your first run and you can decide if u wanna buy it again.

Snow storm ultra, big bud, advanced nutrients overdrive. Those are good flowering nutes, also a good sweetner is good to get too. I use flora nectur by gen. Hydroponics...you can run that all the way thru Harvest:)

Rampling but you get the picture, great shopping bud! ::smoke::