First-Time Honey Oil

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by budlover13, Oct 22, 2010.

1. So I am getting readdy to make honey oil for the first time. I have a little over an oz of my own trimmings, and about 2 oz from my buddies outdoor crop. Mine is trimmings, his is bud. Mine are Indicas and his are Sativas. Should I run them seperately, or together?

2. I would run them separately. I'd rather be able to choose which kind of high I'd want and mix them if I choose to.

3. That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure that I will get at least twice as much from mine as his, just based on the trichs.

4. Seperately. Why have just one variety, when you can have two? If you want to mix them, then mix them up before you smoke them.

My line of reasoning, anyway. Unless your gear would make it difficult to do a smaller batch, or something.

5. I can run about an ounce each time. My first batch came out dirty! BLAH! The second one came out better, but still has a strong green color to it.

6. How much butane did you use?

And how does it kick?

I may be doing up a batch tonight my self. Depending on whether or not I can use my buddy's yard.

7. I agree

8. I used one can per run in a 1 1/2" capped pipe. It held between 1/2 & 3/4 oz. There's enough trichs left though that I'm going to run a second run with all of it.