Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time high...pretty weird.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Salle, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hey Grasscity, I recently had my first experience with weed and I just wanted to check with you guys to kinda confirm that it was a normal high because I didnt expect it to be anything like it was.

Me and a few friends each smoked like 4 cones/bowls from a bong we made and after the first 2 thing were alright. All that I felt was like my limbs were a bit heavier and a typs feelling. So then I had another two straight after eachother and I about 15-20 mins later thing got really fukn weird.
    My tongue was tingling, my sense of depth perception was stuffed because i would look at the floor or my hand and it would look like its 5metres away. My periferral vision was all blurry and my mouth got extremly dry.

But the weirdest part of the high was that time felt like it stopped and I would feel a wave tingle through my body and everything would be clear and I'd be able to talk and hear everyone clearly and then another wave would come and Sound would be muffled and I wouldnt be able to talk much.

Anyway yeh thats pretty much it. Definately not what I expected. Would you guys regard this as normal?

One thing i forgot to say was when I was a bout to go to sleep I listened to music and closed my eyes and I could see colours and patterns that would appear in time of beat of the song which was pretty awesome.

2. Everyone reacts a little different, but it definitely doesn't sound abnormal if that's what you're asking. I guess the most important question was did you enjoy the ride?

3. ha you smoke quite a bit for your first time but thats cool so did i and i loved it lol just dont get in the habit of cheifin that much every smoke session

4. My first time I though ants were crawling in my fingers, little guys turning the cogs that make my body work... felt like i was being lifted by suspension wires... and ate a whole bag of cheetos...

Benzema is right, everyone reacts differently... it's cool man. No worries!

5. Yeah man, doesn't sound too much different from my first high.
    Enjoy them while they last though!

6. I thought the top of a gym was a lake... it's okay buddy :)

7. I fell asleep playing cards and kept insisting people shared the pots I was taking. Hahaha. It was the start of turning a very self-centered guy into a much more worldy man.

8. Thanks guys, that makes me feel better.
    I know that I'll be giving it another go soon enough :)
    maybe a bit less though.

9. Im guessing the weed was probly pretty decent, indica dominant strain based on what you experienced. Maybe it was some dro or something

10. Yeah man try less next time. I know you can feel something almost immediately, but the full high doesn't set in for about ten-fifteen minutes.

11. You got CEVs (Closed Eye Visuals) your first time?! You lucky sum' bitch! It took me almost 2 years of smoking before I got CEVs from weed.

You definitely had a weed experience, although I wouldn't call it normal because most people I've talked to didn't get CEVs until they had been smoking for quite some time.

All that matters is; Did you enjoy it?

12. The first time trying something new may be weird/odd, I think what you felt was normal (though everyone reacts to substances a little differently) :smoke:

13. yeah sounds about right man. you didnt mention anything too crazy. if you keep smoking a bit your high will feel similar but less intense and i never really got distorted vision or anything. although i do get the heavy limbs effect.

and sometime when im really high it feels like im wobbling back and forth but im completely still. at least i think lol

14. I gotmy hands on some more mj last night and I got the same effects, which is great. But it took like double the amount to get high.
    The first 4 hits did practically nothing, I even waited like 10-15mins to see if it would kick in, but it didnt. Im pretty sure it was the exact same kind of weed so does anyone have an explaination for this?

15. All I can say is... Enjoy it while it lasts. Whether you like it or not, that's what being high feels like.

16. You got ripped, enjoy it man. Glad to pop your V Cherry.

17. #17 jethrot73, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Really, man? Everybody I know (including me) got intense CEV's their first time.

18. I would also have to say enjoy while it lasts if I haven't smoked a blunt in a while, mostly flavored blunts, I have the same kind of high.

19. Your first few highs will be the most "intense" (sort of). They can always get somewhat that way again, but the thing that makes it intense is the fact that you've never experienced or done it before. So in your process of getting used to weed, it can come off extremely pleasurable and all sorts of different things can happen.

It also depends on the strain and how it was grown, etc. etc. As you smoke more, your highs will become more developed and they will still feel great but they will be manageable and it will be a different experience.

20. i have been smoking for 5 years now and i can still get high off 4 hits of decent pot. are you smoking shwagg/mids? that might be your problem because i know you should not develop any sort of tolerance only your second time getting high...

post some pics of your stuff or something