First time harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by stumay111, Jul 1, 2020.

1. This is my first harvest. I want to do it right.

The two plants I have are untrained, were overnuted and overwatered... these are the two that survived.

Checking the trichomes, they mostly look cloudy, my thought was to wait til a couple turned amber. I hear I can expect a spurt of growth here at the end in the buds.

I did give them 1/8 nutes last week, I'm flushing this weekend.

Any thoughts, you master growers? I think I might get a couple ozs.

BTW, everything I learned doing shit wrong (mostly paying attention to everything I read was my mistake), I am putting to use in growing 5 White Widow Autos that are in their second week. I will be doing LST and spreading those puppies out. Very light nutes. 1/4 perlite in biobizz light mix.

Attached Files:

2. You're not ready for harvest yet. Next time leave some leaves on the plant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. LOL yeah I plan to. You have no idea... or maybe you remember your first grow.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I'm not sure what you're saying but I think like when we lose our virginity, we all remember our first grow. On my first grow I harvested too soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. What I'm trying to avoid! I'll post pics in a week here. I'm watching trichomes. When a few turn amber, I harvest. Good plan?

6. Is it just me or is there a nanner close to the top of that first pic? You got a few weeks at least. Lots of new pistils there. You're at the stage buds really swell so let it ride

7. I read this and said wha? and went and looked. Damn. Good deal. The taller one isn't done.
    The shorter one doesn't have any new pistils, it will probably be ready sooner.
    I was considering dosing the tall one, given the new growth, with 1/8 nutes or so, but I'm concerned about the yellow leaf tips. Should I hold off and stick to water from now on? Again, I burned them good months ago.

8. Ha. I looked again, the little one has new sites too. I might do better than I thought. I'll wait patiently :)

9. 20200709_080024.jpg 20200709_074917.jpg 20200709_074924.jpg 20200709_074927.jpg 20200709_074929.jpg It has been a week. I had an 150W HPS on them, but it got too hot so I switched back to LED. I'm sure this confused the plant. Trichomes are cloudy but none are amber. It just doesn't seem to change or grow.
    Should I put the HPS back on them? Add it to the LED and turn down the AC in my house (it's already at 70).
    I have started flush on them with Flawless Finish. The leaves don't look as good as they did. These plants don't seem happy.

10. @Cactus Ed
    buds got shinier and fatter overnight... thanks for the counsel of patience.

Attached Files:

11. They fatten up fast at the end but I don't know if I could tell the difference over 24 hours. Going by appearance only, I think if those were mine I'd wait a week and look again.

What kind of dog do you have, a Great Pyrenees?

12. I have FOUR, 2 Pits, one German Shepard, and a Shih Tzu mix, all rescues. The shepard's hair get's everywhere.

13. I understand about the hair, there's nothing you can do about it so it has to be accepted.