First time growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JLG5204, Aug 30, 2017.

1. So this will be my first time growing, after a lot of research online ive decided to do a single plant with a deep water culture set up to see how it goes my first run and then eventually start growing more plants.

Tonight I germinated my seed in a cup of water and will let it sit for 24 hours.

I will be updating as i attempt to grow this miracle plant.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. 50/50 perlite soil. What you use for soil can be as expensive as you like or cheap. Depends on budget, location, ect. Just don't get any with a lot of wood in it. Organics is best for soil wise. No nutrients added. Least 2-4 weeks into.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  3. put a cover over that . so its dark

4. Why? As soon as it cracks it can be added directly to the medium.

J

• Like Like x 1
  5. its ok . he does not have to cover it . me i leave them in bags sitting inside paper towel for a week and the root gets 4 inches long in total dark . with a very good success rate . not having it dark done it years ago in a glass of water the success rate was very pore about 10% prefer my 90 % . most people are lucky with getting 50 % idk if it were a bad batch of beans back then or what . total darkness works best for me . or if there only going to let it crack to plant it no difference . its just my preference not to plant them asap to they get established . this is why i suggested to cover it . what ever works for you best.

6. Lol plants stretch when it first emerges looking for light. If the proper amount of light is not there, it will get lanky. Not because of germination of a huge tap root lol.

7. Maybe a bad batch. I have 100 % success germinating my seeds (knock on wood) putting in room temperature tap water. Let it soak till taproot shows, then plant. I do keep in cupboard so it's mostly dark but I'm unsure if it matters.

8. Typically how long does it usally take for the root pops ? Its been soaking in the cup for 24 hours and nothing. I poured it into a wet paper towel and put it in a cabinet.

9. Personally, I ph a cup of tap water to 6, add a couple drops of superthive. And throw the seed in. Never kept them in the dark and the tap root breaks within 24-48 hours, when the tap root is about 1 inch I plant. 100 percent germination for me.

10. Awesome, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. yes i will have a very long root to plant instead of a bean my preference . the bean part stays above the soil when i plant . the bean does not hatch in a few more days down the road . when the green comes out .