First Time Growing... Total Amateur

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zionne, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Well here goes... I'm going to take a chance, purchase seeds from an online store and attempt to grow my own. The thing is, the site leaves me inundated with information. Feminized, auto-flowering, etc, etc. 

Before we even begin to grow, I should probably know what's the best for me. I'm an amateur, these seeds will be my first. I've read that I should sprout them in damp paper towels before planting, that I can do. Plant them in nutrient rich soil, that I can do. I'm going to be growing one plant outdoors (I'm in Australia, they are pretty harsh here). 

Would auto-flowering be a good first choice? Like I said, I know nothing about growing. Is it being too naive to think I can purchase seeds, sprout them, plant them and let them do their thing? Of course I'd keep a watchful eye on my baby, but is it safe to assume that an auto-flowering seed, properly taken care of, will flourish even for a beginner? 

2. I am doing the same thing first time growing but have started some with cronic seeds I already had.  But ordered off other seeds and have received them and they are autoflowering seeds so yes I recommend the autoflowering seeds if you are in a hurry to get some smoke.  Now you are also talking about a smaller amount of smoke if grow in doors compaired to They can produce a decent amount of smoke from what I can see and have read and have been told.  Check out the Bubble Gum auto/fem  anyways that is my 2 cents

3. That would work fine, I would skip the paper towel method and plant them a half-inch deep in soil. You have good soil?

4. Autos arent the best idea for a new grower. Photoperiod plants are much more tolerant of mistakes.

5. Grow multiple autoflowers take advantage of the size u can grow more then the regular ones

Sent from my B1-710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app