First time growing, some questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Paprika, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Hello! I know there are a LOT of threads like these, but I can't seem to find very many that would answer the questions I need.

I am only growing like 1-2 plants.

If grown outdoors in pots, would it be a bad idea to just do so in my backyard, like straight up on my porch or something-- or out of the way in the "back" of my backyard? I have a MMJ recommendation, so I know I can have quite a few plants, but I just want to try it out first.

If it's just 1-2 plants, would the smell be REALLY crazy during flowering (I assume SOME smell would diffuse..), or what?

Should I cover it in some sort of camo-mesh? Would I have to use artificial light?

I don't have that much money, (which is why I'm growing, lol) so I really want to do this as cheaply as humanly possible, as well as with as little smell or intrusion as humanly possible.
    Ideally, I'd like to have them in my bathroom or inside my room with little to no smell. But if that isn't possible with 1-2 plants, I can do it outside, but again little to no smell preferred--basically I want to do this as low profile as humanly possible.

Lastly, would a growbox help? Is there a really cheap plan to make one? I mean, it can just be a little wardrobe practically with lights in it right? lol. I feel dumb. But I cannot find any grow box blueprints that basically just say "HEY, GRAB A BUNCH OF WOOD AND MAKE A BOX THEN PUT A DOWEL IN THE TOP AND HANG LIGHTS IN IT THE END." LOL

But would that work? haha

Thanks for all your help!!!

2. lol ya basically any light sealed box is viable, specifications to your needs of course. i just grabbed some wood some caulk screws of course, chain, pvc elbows for vents, fans for ventilation, light fixtures, and wireing, hinges for the door. thats basically all i did and i had a successful grow. a good 3' wide x 2' deep x 3'-6' tall depending on how you are growing them should be fine for 2 plants. might throw some locks on the door, definately something to seal the door, like some light padding the door squeezes between it and the other wood would help to seal out light or make a beveled edge so the door sinks into the rest of the wood, caulk to go around the rest of the wood if you are a bad craftsman like me lol. you get the idea, since my dad is like a pack rat we had everything here except for things like the elbows and timers for lights and the fixtures.

3. To find 1 or 2 killer females you need to germinate at least 8-10 seeds. IMHO

4. indeed, you really want to start 3 seeds for better chances of you getting 1 female outta it, the more seeds you plant the better chances of you getting a female, so 6-10 willg get 3-5 females on avg, but good luck could yield 8-10 females who knows you might get lucky, but odds are you get 1 female to every 3 seeds unless they feminised.

5. i dunno anything about hydro systems but check out the other sections there are some really good ways to set up your own hydro grow area with some cheap materials.