First time growing problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by King Julien, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Hi all
    i am new here
    I have Afghan kush at home first weeks it was good
    Green fat leaves and etc
    But unfortunately temperaturepe in my apartament is not high and sun is not shining often
    so my problems began on the fourth week
    first the leaves began to get yellower and dry, then i cut those leavez but now it has stopped growing
    it is green but just not growing
    i have bought a special redblue lights but still it doesnt help
    what should i do?

2. Bit more info would help us help you... What medium you using (coco, soil, rockwool, etc), what fertilizer/nutrients, what are the measured temps in there, what exact type of light (HPS, CFL, etc)

And photos are a massive help too.

3. well before i used only water
    ground is normal
    i watered it 1 a day or every second day

4. You miggt be watering to frequently.also you need to ph your water to about 6.5

5. how can i mesure it?

6. hey how can i mesure PH?

7. You need a ph meter really, or a cheap litmus paper test kit, but they will only show large fluctuations, they aren't very accurate. A photo is needed really. if you have not been giving it nutrients it may be just a little nitrogen deficient. But I'm just sumizing. Without a photo it would be hard to make an assessment

80% of problems can be solved by flushing the soil with plenty of water then giving it a mild nutrient solution of about 1/4 - 1/2 strength

8. More than likely if your plant is not growing....it is in too small of a pot or not getting enough light...could also be over watering

9. is it possible that it is a stress and then it will continue normal growth?
    what should do for that?

10. i have an iphone 4
    how can i upload a photo?

11. if anybody could pm me a mail i could send it to him and maybe hw could put photos here

12. so if somebody could tell me his email address i could send him photos and then he vould post them here so that you could discuss whats wrong , ok?

13. Start up a photobucket account, it's all free and download their app. Its a good app. Upload all your photos to their site and when you want to show a photo on this forum or any other click on the photo and click the bottom (img) link. This will copy the link to your clipboard and you can simply paste the link in to your post on here. The photo will then be shown in the thread like this...

[​IMG]

14. Its obvious that your plant is not receiving enough light. You need a good nutritional soil mix. You need a lot of light to grow. Just getting a little sun through a window a few hours a day isn't going to be enough if you are doing indoor grow

15. The only thing I know about LEDs is that I have never seen an LED grow that has impressed me. But that doesn't mean it won't work. Have you considered hps or cfl lighting?

16. I don't know how you can say anything is "obvious" given the lack of info that has arisen here

17. Then which bulb or light should i buy which is better?
    and also that won't use a lot of electrycity

18. #19 jetski, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    If you already have it then try it. But if it doesn't work for you get a small hps or some cfls. How much electricity can you use

19. photos come today or tomorrow