First time growing. PH question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chronic421, Jul 31, 2019.

1. I'm using a mix of soil and coco 50:50. My question is what level of ph should I water my plants with? The plants are 3 weeks old and I have yet to transplant them in their 5 gallon pot. I'm growing them on the roof/balcony.

2. Soil likes to be fed with 6.0 - 7.0 ph while coco likes a little closer to 5.5-6.5. Never heard of a 50/50 coco/soil mix, sounds interesting!

3. I'd like to hear some replies on this question. They require a different pH for efficient nutrient uptake when grown separately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 6.5 is a good level. My tap water is 7.1. I mix 1 gallon of tap with 1 gallon of distilled water ( it's 6.0) and it works out perfect. I dislike PH Up or Down as it can be expensive and leave chlorine deposits on the roots.

5. I guess I'll try that out, thanks for the help.
    Would you advice against 1:1 coco soil? Most forums advice against it, idk maybe 30% coco would be better, I cant get perlite in my country and the soil tends to harden after a couple of months, so I figured adding coco would solve both my problem.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I will also add a bunch of compost and liquid fertilizer for feeding. So I'm trying to figure out what would be the best mix for my medium.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app