First time growing indoors...300w led 2x2x4 tent....day 34 flower....hows she look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ODZ420, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Just trying to get a feel of how she is doing at this point....my first time growing indoors, so still learning deficiency appearances....so far so good I think. Let me know if I'm missing something.....thanks. 20191017_190352.jpg 20191017_180003.jpg 20191017_180017.jpg 20191016_154527.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks young and airy

3. What you mean? Like I said....first timer....

4. Buds are small and are not developed .. and they are not dense as in airy .
    You didn't post a link to your lighting so I can look up the specs on your light .

I cant tell you for sure if you lighting is enough for your grow space because not all LED lighting is equal .
    My best guess is you don't have the required lighting per square foot of grow space ..
    Your plant looks ok but the proof is when you harvest ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Very sparse for 5 weeks of flower.
    Like mentioned above - probably lack of quality light.
    5 weeks from 12/12 flip for a comparison. Good luck.
    Flower 5 weeks.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That's all the info I have for the light. I bought the tent light fan as a combo. 20191018_121106.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. First thing - get rid of the old burple led light and upgrade to some COBS or Quantum boards :) A 240w quantum board in that 2x2 tent will be PERFECT. Your nugs will be MUCH denser.

• Like Like x 1
  8. First of all, the wattage that they give you in those LEDs are not correct. I'd assume that light is around 130-180 watts. Any of those lights you get off Amazon usually state 600w or 800w but the true wattage is a lot less. Go to the page where you bought it and look in the information for the specific true wattage. They make it harder to find for a reason

Adding another light is definitely going to help your plants out a lot. I started out my first grow with lights like that but quickly upgraded to a few COBs and a few of these quantum boards.

Wholesale Amazon bestseller 240w 3000k 3500K 301b qb 288v2 high par plants medical samsung led grow light for indoor garden From m.alibaba.com

• Like Like x 2
  9. What type of LED do you have coming? And it’s ok to ask questions! You’re learning the way. I have the same tent ️ I have a x6 cob light. I’m getting a bigger tent this weekend though. Quantum boards are the Wave tho!!! I have one coming Tuesday. QB 288v2 240watt 3500K spectrum. Only 115$ and shipping was like 40$ from China... it’s dimmable and people are getting 2 grams per watt now that’s Insane bro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2

10. Exactly correct about the fake wattage ratings on the burple lights from Amazon. Also, the 240w lm301b quantum board you linked is $40 cheaper on buddyled- 240W LED Quantum Board 288 Samsung v2 lm301b - BUDDYLED

The new lm301h models are also out which are even more efficient.

11. Hmmm... It's saying it's $209 for me?
    I paid $147 total with shipping and everything for the ones I linked!
    I really want to pick up one of the new models. Now that they are out I'm sure the old model prices will drop even more!

12. Was quoting the guy that posted the amazon link :) but yea its $189 for the 240w on buddyled with promo code "buddy10" and you dont have to deal with the alibaba hassle... lol

13. I'm going to be starting a grow journal soon to show the true power of the quantum boards. 2 plants with JUST 1 3500k 125w board in a 2x2.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh sorry about that! But I'm glad you linked that site because now I have another place for good lights, so thanks!

Quantum boards are a game changer in my opinion, my grow has been going amazing ever since I added them.

I'll definitely watch your journal using the 3500K 125 W, I'm interested to see how well that turns out!

• Like Like x 1
  15. For the set up and first grow yiure looking good to answer your question.
    Yes bigger lights, cob, hps etc.. will fill those buds up. But for what you are working with you've done a good job.

The main thing. Have you learned anything during this grow to improve your next? If so you can adapt as you go.

Not everyone deals, not everyone has unlimited resources to start with state of the art equipment.

You grow into it just like your plant grows. Slowly and methodically.

Now for your next grow you should look into quantum boards, cob LEDs. Or (not recommended for the small space unless you have a portable ac) a small hps light. It gives off more heat so led for the grow area is the way I'd grow.

All in all you did good on your first grow.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks. I learned some about lst. The strain I'm growing is an indica so it's short and bushy....I used soil this time....fox farms ocean mix, with grow big big bloom and micro bloom combo....but going to go dwc and sensi grow/bloom for next to see how I like it. Ima check out the quantum boards. I work for a led company and have seen the 3k 4k and 5k outputs....time to dig a little deeper....

17. Sooo ok let me ask this to yall....does the blue in veg and red in flower argument matter?

18. Bet ima check it out.

19. I got to go to a seminar/have dinner with DJ Short the other day (the guy who created the strains Blueberry and Flo plus a bunch of others) and he said that from his experience he likes 4000K through the plants whole life.

I think you're not going to notice a huge difference within the 3000-4000 range. Maybe if you went full time 2700 or 5000 there might be some differences but I definitely like to see a side by side comparison.