First time growing!! Help! Outdoor.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JaimeA24, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Hello, I am fairly new to GC, and also new to growing. I live in Southern California where it gets super hot. The highest I've witnessed was 114 deg. I have got my hands on two feminized seeds called "The Doctor". Being a newbie, I came here and am now asking for help. I'd love to be given some advice on how to go about starting. I plan to start early May. I can't dig up a hole on the ground and just pop the seeds in because the dirt in my area is pretty horrible.
    We get windy days every now and then, not much rain, no shade. I practically live in a desert.

How should I start?
    Should I use pots?
    What kind of nutes should I get?
    Will my plants survive in the heat, and if so, how do I make sure they do?

A step by step guide would be awesome, but any advice is very much appreciated.
    Thank you guys in advance.

2. You really don't need to start a thread on this. There are many threads on this forum about growing and even more if you just google it.

3. Sounds like you live near riverside, I can help with the heat problem. Get online and buy some 30 percent shade netting. It blocks just enough sun to get your plants through the 110degree weather. Make sure you water daily through the hottest weeks.

4. Haha yeah, I live a little farther down in Thermal.
    Awesome, I have seen some of those out here with all the ag stuff they have out here. I wasn't sure it'd make a difference though.
    I will definitely look into that. Thanks

5. Haha yeah, I live a little farther down in Thermal.
    Awesome, I have seen some of those out here with all the ag stuff they have out here. I wasn't sure it'd make a difference though.
    I will definitely look into that. Thanks

6. No prob man, good luck. Also if using pots try cloth grow bags they don't get as hot from the sun. The bigger the bag the better. I use organic soil from the local nursery its half the price of ocean forrest and works just as well.

7. You could still dig holes but you'd have to refill them with the same soil as you'd get from the mentioned nursery.As for nutes you could go organic or with chemicals its your preference even though I'd recommend organic nutes since you'd really only have to water them if you amend your soil with organic fertz.

8. Thank you guys! I appreciate the help.