First time growing - help a noobie out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by organisk, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Gonna make this really short and just sum it up.

i germinated my seeds for fun when i was bored, they sprouted so i had to do something but i didnt take it seriously at all, i didnt care if they died id just see how far i could get em to grow (im evil i know), got an egg carton as pots, used awful soil i found in garage, waited a few days and they started comming up. I had em growing on my table which is 2 meters under the lights (x2 45 watt lights....(long stems ya say?) I had em there for around 10 days before i decided that my seedlings deserved better and started to take this seriously...anyway ive moved them to a closet with basically everything they need. (light, good vent, good soil, etc)

ive had them in the closet for 4 days under a 400w hps and ive seen a big improvement but i still think they look really underdeveloped. i know 4 days isnt alot but ive started to care about these freaking plants now and all i have on my mind is how to make em better

[​IMG]

they are 4 inches now and look exactly like that one, isnt that REALLY underdeveloped for 2 weeks, even considering the poor enviroment they had the first 10 days? Did i mess everything up the first 10 days?

2. You're roots are probably super underdeveloped. It'll be slow for a while but should pick up.

Just water correctly, keep the light on, keep the air moving, and wait.

3. Yeah, i say it will pick up. Give it time to develop some roots, and then she will start to grow, dont go mad with nutes cannabis dont need strong feeds.

4. I go with 18/6 atm but should i keep it on 24/7? Will this help encourage root growth and make my plant grow faster? i know theres alot of controvercy about light cycles and wether they grow faster in the dark and vise versa

5. [quote name='"ColdToker"']I go with 18/6 atm but should i keep it on 24/7? Will this help encourage root growth and make my plant grow faster? i know theres alot of controvercy about light cycles and wether they grow faster in the dark and vise versa[/quote]

Roots grow the most during there night cycle. I prefer 18/6 but others rather run 24/7. Its all wat u want to do and wat you can afford. Growing indoors your trying to mimic nature. No where in the world does it stay 24/7 out. But this will start up a lot of controversy. Its all of wat you want to do. Take the best info u got and make the best decision that you feel is best for your growing needs.

chill & smoke some bud!

6. As 42k said, roots grow at night so i always give them a lights out, also 18/6.

7. They will take a bit more time to tell. After being neglected and stressed it may take a week or two to recover.

You can run any veg cycle you want. 24/0, 20/4, or 18/6 all work well. If your plant is healthy and well cared for above the soil then the root structure will be strong regardless of which of these you choose.

8. Thanks for the help guys :) i'll just have to wait and see :) peace