First time growing, can anyone tell me what these are ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KyleMack1031, Dec 20, 2016.

1. It looks like hairs but green hairs.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah it looks like green hairs where all the stems branch off

3. These are called stipules and are completely normal. They don't help you tell sex however.

4. Do they indicate that the plant is close to being able to sex it ? They have been on a 12 12 cycle for about 2 weeks.

5. Did you grow them from seeds? if so, how long did you veg before 12/12? From what I understand, plants grown from seeds have to be mature enough before they can flower. Flipping before they show preflowers will force them to flower, but it will take longer for the flowering process to kick in. These stipules mean nothing for flower as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I grew them 3 weeks on an 18-6 cycle then dropped them to the 12 12. I know theyre gonna be smaller buds (as long as theyre female) but my goal for my first attempt to grow was to get through the entire process and just get buds to grow so im not concerned with quanity. They were just some random seeds out some bud i had. Im just attempting to grow before i order some femanized seeds.

7. Good plan, feminized seeds don't come cheap! But I would assume the reason you aren't seeing much in terms of signs of flowering is because the plants weren't quite ready when you flipped them. When they are ready (females anyway), the will put out small white preflowers that look similar to stipules, but are white.

8. How about a full shot of the plant?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Full shot

Attached Files: