First time growing... Aerogarden Deluxe Pro 200

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BudsNBrew, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ok, this is my first post here & my first time growing. I'd been eyeballing the Aerogarden for a while after seeing some ad for it in a magazine. After doing a little research, I concluded that it was too small. Some time went by & they came out with the Deluxe model... twice the height & twice the brightness! Ah Ha!... I thought! This is perfect! Well, I bought the thing & after doing more research, I realized that it's not so perfect. Oh well, screw it! It's been two weeks now, & my plants are doing alright. I'm not giving up on them now... especially since I blew $269 on the thing! It seems that I have one plant with a bit of nutrient burn on a couple of it's leaves, but other than that they are alright. I've been running it on the 24 hour light cycle & plan on switching to 12/12 within the next couple days. I guess I'm gonna have to do it manually until I can get a timer hooked up to the light. One flaw that I've noticed is that there isn't much room for root growth. The plant that has the slight leaf discoloration has a MASSIVE root system. I moved it to another pod this morning & when I did, I noticed there wasn't much room for the root growth. Another thing I was planning on doing, was scrapping the nutrient tablets that come with the aerogarden & using my own. I was thinking a combo of "Big Bud" & VooDoo Juice", but I read somewhere that using other nutrients will clog the pump! Grrr! I am partly wishing that I had done more research before I bought this, although the main reason I went with it was due to space (I live in a small 3 room cabin in the woods, with no closets! I cleared out the armoire to get this setup going). I dunno, here's a couple pics of what I've got going on. Any feedback would be appreciated. After this little experiment, I'm gonna step up & get the "Stealth Hydro Bubbleponics system" & leave this for growing peppers, tomatoes, & things like that. But I am gonna get what I can out of this! I've heard that some people have some luck with this thing, but I've heard others say that it's total crap. Even if it works, I'd rather go with a better system.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hey man, hahah uhhhh....i just bought this thing too and i opened up your thread and now im sad.. haha. but man honestly i've been growin outdoors and your plants look really good! whats the problem with the aerogarden? and what strain are you growing that could be why the roots are growing so much.

3. Yeah those plants are looking pretty good but i can see that there will be limited room for the roots. Thats a bummer. I hear you need a gallon per foot of your plant. You could always move those nice looking plants outside. Course if your about to flower them then it probably aint worth it.

4. try growing with lowryder#2 strain

5. That's what I was thinking also. Has anybody actually done this? I have an Aerogarden Pro 100 that I'm currently growing peppers and tomatoes in. I was thinking that maybe I could use this just for germination before transferring the plants to a DWC setup. Lowryder and maybe those white dwarf fems from Dr Chronic might do ok here though. Anybody have any experience?

6. Go with the Auto AK47 from Dr. Chronic...

I have no personal experience with the Auto AK, but I have heard good things about it.

7. Hi, I am not sure if you are finished with your crop but there is a couple of things you need to have a nice crop. First, its ok to use other products at nutrients just use the liquid kind, next you need a airstone or fish airpump and place the hose inside the take, you also need a PH tester and a EC meter (reads the salts in the water). There is some charts you can follow step by step, week by week this can control the burning, sometimes it's just simple over feeding you can flush your tank with clean water and rise off the roots a few times and add the correct amount. I use an old milk gallon to mix my nutrients before I dump it in my tank, I test the PH without the nutrients first to make sure it's ok, then I test the EC level or salts in the water. The water levels are measured by the EC meter using the PPM (parts per million) and should read at around 100 to 200, then you can add your nutrients which will raise the salts in the water so read it again and use the chart, the numbers should range between 500-1700 for the entire time you grow. When following the Chart you will notice the measurements will be different on each nutrient expect for the start, middle (transition) and end by flushing out the nutrients one week before you cut them. Keep up the good work.