first time growing a clone from a dispensary

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drkush2u, Dec 11, 2012.

1. this is my first time legitly growing. i bought a clone roughly maybe..... a feet tall or so.... anyway they gave it to me in a plastic foam cup but i transfered it from there to a 2 liter bottle.... im using the soil it came with and i added more soil from my backyard into the plastic cup..... made holes at the bottom... right now its on my roof cause thats the only spot.
    so why i posted this, i need some help and tips on if im doing anything right or wrong and what im going to need to feed or whatever.. im new at this so please dont judge or anything. im a legal patient in CALI

2. soil from the backyard contains pests. on roof?!

Go out and buy a REAL pot for 3$, scrap the soda can and buy some soil(happy frog, fox farm, organic, etc.) no mgrow(nutrient timed balls which shock plants when released)

If your growing 1 plant buy a 80$ t5 2ft 4bulb high output lamp, u can get away with little to no ventilation but still need a small fan to move air.
    Read up big time because it seems your at step 1. Google books like Buds for less which is killer and on google for free. shows how to grow almost a pound from plants with cfls

3. Can I use vigoro bold blooms flowering plant food?
    And also can I use bandini citrus food

4. #4 bmeat, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    you can but not at this time. the plant has to root which is a very delicate process. can i see a picture of the clone? usually you dont want a clone with too much vegetation, becuase the roots and vegetation like to be in balance. you can trim it if you know what youre doing.

go buy a 3 or 5 gallon pot and put it in any potting soil that has perlite and peat moss in it. if you buy an expensive organic soil with compost already mixed in, you dont need any plant food.

for the plant to make roots, the soil needs to always be moist but not soaked.

dont worry about feeding the plant any chemicals for now. if you want to you can get some root hormone and put it on the stem thats going into the soil. the more stem in the soil, the more spots that roots can form.

next youll need lights. you can go buy a pack of cfls from costco or home depot etc. you need at least 50 watts for a small plant, and you want a mix of the color spectrum to imitate the sun. 6700k are blueish white and 2700k are redish orange. if you can find a pack of 5000k bulbs youll be set.

keep the lights on for 18 hours and off for 6 hours. remember not to over water, just make sure the soil is moist.

oh, youll also need a small fan pointed at your ballast or light fixture to keep the heat down, plus the plant loves wind and fresh air.

take a look at my simple grow box that i setup in my signature "offical journal: bonsai s.o.g."