First time growing - 4x4 tent, 670w LEDs, 4 plants, FFOF soil & nutes

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DimaEVT, May 8, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Day 55 of flower

Had to cut a cola that snapped earlier and could no longer be supported. Looks pretty good. Buds aren't dense though 20180806_091851.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dude do you have a microscope? You wont know exactly when your harvest is ready without one. However, your buds are looking about ready to harvest based on your guess but without seeing the trichromes it's hard to say. Plus you may have a preference for mostly cloudy or maybe more amber trichromes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #166 DimaEVT, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    I harvested a week ago. At day 59 after flip. I wanted to let them go another week but I found another small mold spot on one of the colas so I decided to chop it. I cut them down and gave them a trim. Then I hung them up on clothes hangers for a week to dry. I transferred the buds into glass jars to cure. I will burp them twice a day for a couple weeks.

As for the bud texture, the buds are pretty airy. They are frosty but the smell is disappointing. Smells like barely anything. No fruity or pungent scent. However it smokes well. It's not harsh and it has a mild flavor.

I harvested 9 ounces of dry weight from 4 plants in a 4x4 tent. Not bad for a first grow.

I learned a lot from this first grow. I got some girl scout cookies seeds coming in from cali connection, this next grow will be even better.

My 2 biggest mistakes are allowing for high humidity (and the mold that came as a result) and not properly defoliating. I had so many stems and colas with tiny ass flowers. Never again 20180810_100651.jpg 20180810_151032.jpg 20180810_214014.jpg

edit: spelling

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey you done good. I'm sure its going to be good smoke. I enjoyed watching your progress throughout :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice looking big buds. The smell should return after 3-4 weeks of curing in the jar. As soon as you cut them, the smell goes away and you just get hay smell. But after curing in the jar for a few weeks the smell returns.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hell yeah I'm moving on to watch your next grow! I've been updating my first journal with progress from the second but I guess I should start a new one for the clones I took. We'll see.

Anyway, the buds you did get look VERY nice. I would be proud man. You did right harvesting at the signs of mold. My first grow outdoors needed harvested early due to high humidity in October. Great learnings to take into your second grow! I'm battling with hunidity in my flower room now. I'm going to crank up the dehumidifier and see if that does the trick.

• Like Like x 1