First time growing - 4x4 tent, 670w LEDs, 4 plants, FFOF soil & nutes

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DimaEVT, May 8, 2018.

1. Day 24.

I topped the top-right plant. All the plants except the top left one have been topped.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Day 25

Watered to runoff. Added 3ml of cal mag. PH'd at 6.3

The bottom left plants leaves are starting to bump against one another. Some of the leaves feel waxy as well. Perhaps I need to prune them?

Attached Files:

3. Day 26. Getting bigger

Here are the tops of the 2 plants I topped (bottom left and bottom right). What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Day 27

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. They are filling in nicely

• Like Like x 1
  6. Day 28

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Day 29

Watered to runoff with nutes. No nutes for the sprouts yet

3ml cal mag
    8ml big bloom
    8ml grow big

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 30

I topped the top left plant. All 4 have now been topped once

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Day 31

I'm considering getting rid of one of my 2 sprouts. I'm not sure I have enough light (540w) for 6 plants

Attached Files:

10. Those twisted leaves are a sign of bad PH..and when ur ph is off you're plant misses out on certain nutrients..in soil i shoot for 5.9-6.3ph is where i feed..thats why ur seedlings to the left of the photo are looking like that

11. Makes sense. I've since been ph'ing every watering.

Also, what do you think is wrong with one of my sprouts? Those 2 leaves are yellowed and are starting to go brown. The rest of the plant seems fine

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey buddy you been messin with your seedlings?
    Looks like total ph lockout to me.

The yellow leaves at the bottom are the plant sucking everything from the bottom to make sure the top survives because it cant absorb anything useful from the nutrient rich soil.
    Its starving to death at the moment.

Leaves drooping is lack of oxygen.
    It looks like youve got plenty perilite or something similar so i would guess at underwatering.
    (Over watering doesnt exist its a lack of air circulation. Absolutely 100% nothing to do with water content)
    Also by the leaf margins curling up id say your humidity is off. Should be 60% + for that stage of the grow.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Older bottoms leaves will yellow naturally its using all its nitrogen to new growth on top..pull yellow leaves on the bottom wasting energy and help more light penetrate

14. Day 32

I replaced my vivosun exhaust fan with the vortex s600 fan. This thing is noticeably quieter. I like it

Attached Files:

15. Day 33

Watered the 4 plants to runoff with 4ml cal mag @ 6.5ph

These things are getting bushy. The 2 sprouts are day 19 from seed. I may just get rid of the sprout with the yellowing leaves and just do 5 plants. I'm gonna be transplanting the other sprout in a few days. I'm also going to be replacing one of my Vipar V300s with a V600. That should give me 670 watts or so, which is more than 40 watts per square foot. That should be a good amount of light for 5 plants in a 4x4.

Should I spread my plants out a bit more? Or raise the lights? They are brushing up on one another. I just want optimal positioning under the lights and my lights are sitting about a foot above the plants

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Day 34

Gonna transplant the sprout tomorrow. It is day 20 from seed

Attached Files:

17. Day 35

I transplanted the sprout (day 20 from seed) into a 5gal pot. Transplant went very smoothly. The soil was still moist so the rootball slid out with no trouble. It's first set of leaves were slightly yellowed (still unsure why) but the rest of the plant seems well.

I also replaced one of my V300s with a Vipar V600. I'm now at 670w above 5 plants in a 4x4 space. That should be plenty of light.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Day 36

Watered the 4 plants to runoff with 4ml cal mag, 9ml big bloom, and 9ml grow big. PHd at 6.4

Attached Files:

19. #59 DimaEVT, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Day 37

Added a scrog net to even out the canopy. The back-right plant is 7 inches taller than the others, gotta fix that

edit: never mind on the scrog as of yet. I ordered a water transfer pump and shammy towels so I can water and clean up the runoff. I don't plan on moving the plants any more after I put up the scrog

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Looking great! Count me in for a sub.