First time growing - 4x4 tent, 670w LEDs, 4 plants, FFOF soil & nutes

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DimaEVT, May 8, 2018.

1. #1 DimaEVT, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Hey guys, first time grower here. Here's my setup:

- Gorilla grow tent - 4x4x7
    - 3x Viparspectra V300 & 1x Viparspectra V600. Total watts: ~670watts
    - 6" inline fan (340 cfm) as exhaust w/ carbon filter (passive intake from the bottom of the tent)
    - clip fan
    - oscillating fan

I am growing 4 plants. Strain is OG Kush (feminized seeds, non-auto). Starting them out in solo cups and transplanting into 5gal smart pots.

I germinated the seeds by having them soak water in a cup for 24hrs, then put them in a wet paper towel for another 24hrs. Planted the seeds in solo cups in a dry 80% FFoF soil / 20% perlite mixture and watered lightly. This was my first mistake - I should've soaked the soil prior to planting.

Light schedule is 18/6. Lights are hanging ~30" away from the plants. Temps are 76-81 with the lights on and 66-70 with the lights off. Humidity is high 30s to mid 40s. I will be getting a humidifier in a couple days, when i'll be at day 11 from seed.

I am watering the plants to runoff every 3rd-4th day or so. Right as the soil is starting to lose its dampness.

THE GROW:

Day 4 - One of the plants still had the seed on it. It broke free of the seed several hours after taking this pic. This is also where I made my 2nd mistake. I left the lights off for 11 hours instead of 6. The plants have since been put back on their proper schedule.

[​IMG]

Day 5:

[​IMG]

Day 6 - The one with the funky looking leaves (bottom left) is the one from the seed still on it.

[​IMG]

Day 7 - Light yellowing on the leaf from that same plant

[​IMG]

Day 8 - Leaves have some mild twisting going on

[​IMG]

Day 9

[​IMG]

2. In calculation you are using around 136 watts a light, 544 watts total. 300watts of chips, not power
    I would move the lights as close as 18-24 inches 30 is pretty far

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seems like a good set up. I'm a fan of multiple light sources.

Just to clarify and to scratch a pet peeve itch of mine, you have 4 x V300 Viparspectras...not 4 x 300w Viparspectras. So much confusion with beginners with the whole model name vs watts.

Best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Also, get those lights on a timer (if they're not already). Would be a shame to screw up from such a simple mistake as forgetting to turn on or off lights.

5. Looking good! I think I’ll pull up a seat and follow along.

6. Done. Thanks for the advice

Yeah I now have them on an automatic timer. Won't be making that mistake again

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will be using Cal-Mag and Fox Farms trio for nutrients. When should I begin adding these nutrients?

8. Day 10. What do you guys think is wrong with bottom left? That's the same one that had its seed stuck to it for 4 days after breaking ground

Attached Files:

9. Day 11. I'm concerned for the bottom left plant. I'm gonna give them their first nutrients when i feed them tomorrow (2-3ml of cal-mag)

Attached Files:

10. Day 12. Watered until runoff. I will wait until I transplant to start adding nutes, which should be in the next 3 days or so.

I also planted 2 more seeds, for a total or 6. Just in case the bottom left doesn't improve. What do you guys think is up with bottom left?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Day 13. I'm gonna transplant them to 5gal smart pots tomorrow. They look like they're ready.

Attached Files:

12. Are roots peaking out the bottom of the cups? If not, they could prbly use some more time in the solos

13. I'm not sure. I haven't poked holes at the bottom of the cups, only on the sides.

14. Day 14. Do you guys think they're ready for transplant?

Attached Files:

15. Shame we can’t seem them under normal light.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Here's a pic in normal light. What do you think?

Attached Files:

17. Day 15.

Transplant complete. The soil crumbled a bit but I think I did it correctly. Watered the plants right after, but not to runoff. I will water to runoff the next time I water them.

I also hung up the other 2 LEDs.

I took a pic of the root structure. Did i transplant them at a good time?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Could have left them in the solos a little bit longer to build a bigger plant be for transplanting but looks good pretty nice set up for your first one

19. Day 16.

The plants were very droopy 18 hours after the transplant, presumably transplant shock. They seem to have improved a bit but there's still some droopiness. Hoping it goes away in the next day or 2.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. When transplanted were they watered pretty well or just a little bit