First time growing - 4x4 tent, 670w LEDs, 4 plants, FFOF soil & nutes

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DimaEVT, May 8, 2018.

1. I'd say I watered them pretty well. I didn't water till runoff though. I made sure not sure not to water the outer sections of the soil, only the inner. In the pic you can see the circle of moist soil and the outer dry soil - everything within that circle has been generously watered.

My next watering, I will water to runoff and make sure all the soil is watered

• Like Like x 1
  2. You'll get it man..def always water untill runoff and dont water to often let the soil dry out a bit

3. Day 17.

Watered to runoff. No nutes yet. I will start adding cal mag and fox farms nutes the next time I water - as the plants finish up week 3. Still a bit of droop going on. 2 days after transplant

Attached Files:

4. There looking better....whats the temp in your room

5. ~77 with lights on / mid to high 60s with lights off

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pretty much perfect temp

7. #27 MoonRocky, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Looking good!
    Next time fill the solo cups more. Punch more
    Holes in the bottom.

Don't feed for at least 2 more weeks.
    Soil is loaded with food for new plants.

8. Ya don't feed yet. Let them soak up all the nutrition in the new soil.

9. Day 18.

Looking a bit better. The low part of the plant is dropping a bit. Not sure if that's normal.

Attached Files:

10. Really? Not even any cal mag?

11. I mean its totally safe to start feeding them in light doses a couple weeks after they sprout and them increase your feed as you go....safer for the plants to

12. Day 19. Nothing to report today. I will water them with nutes this Sunday (as well as PH it)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hey buddy your girls are lookin good dont worry about the stroppy one, seedlings do all kinds of weird shit while they get used to being alive.
    When it comes to nutes, less is always best. If you wait untill bits start turning yellow before upping the nutes then you shouldnt ever get any toxicity issues which cause a lot more damage than a deficiency.
    I just experimented on one and turns out they can survive in a 1inch cube on nothing but 50ppm tap water for 8 days before they get hungry.
    That soil is preloaded so best not to add anything untill they start turning yellow.
    If the tops go yellow,or if you get purple leaves from the stem outwards or you get rust spots anywhere then start the calmag at most quarter strength.
    Bottoms go yellow and you add base nutes at quarter strength.
    Feeding schedules are useless, its best just to learn how to wing it from the get go. Its easy enough. Haloy growin amigo

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Somewhat unrelated - is my tent setup.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Day 20. The girls are looking good. I'm gonna water with nutes tonight or tomorrow morning

The 2 sprouts are doing well too. They are day 6 from seed.

Attached Files:

16. Day 21.

Watered to runoff. I added nutes for the first time.

4ml of cal mag
    7.5ml of fox farms big bloom
    7.5ml of fox farms grow big

PH was at 6.3 - 6.4.
    Runoff PH was 6.2

Girls are looking good, although there is a bit of yellowing on a couple leaves on the bottom left plant, as well as on 2 leaf tips on the top left plant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Day 22.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. They are pretty nice my friend! I'm subbed up for sure looking good

19. Day 23

I went ahead and topped 2 of my plants (bottom left and bottom right).

Watered the 2 sprouts with distilled water ph'd down to 6.3

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Look at em go!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1