First time grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lmholmes11, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Hey guys, my buddy at work grows indoors, and he is giving me 6 clones to grow outdoors. In Michigan we are allowed 12 plants in the dirt at a time. A few questions.

How much water do they require outdoors? Is rain water enough?

I know they don't do well in clay so I'll have to dig 2x2x2 and fill in with topsoil and compost. Where I would want to plant them at isn't within water hose distance so I think that is going to be the biggest hurdle. I'm looking forward to your input!

(I'm located in Northern Michigan)

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

2. What light cycle were they on?
    You'll need to duplicate it or they'll flower sure as anything.

Setting out Clones for a summer run is kind of Tricky to get right.

BNW

3. It's best if they were time matched at 15-9 or 16-8.

Your other option is to light them up 24-0 till August 1st.

[​IMG]
    This is the method I've used for the last 2 summers and I'll do it again this year.

BNW

4. Depends how much it rains.

5. I've been gifted clones a few times in April, and even in June when the days at the longest, and every time they go straight to flower. you going to have to keep a light on them like BNW said.

I got a clone once in April that went into flower and then by late May I didn't know what to do so I trimmed it way back and ended up doing one of those monster cropping things which is a pain in the ass because I had about 100 gram size colas. I've never understood the idea behind that.

If you live in an area where you get regular summer rain and have good soil that the plant can set deep roots in then you may be able to rely on the rain for water.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn