First time grower

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dym33, May 4, 2020.

1. Hello,

I am attempting to do my first indoor grow. I am growing blue pyramid auto flower .My setup is a 2x2x4 tent with a 800W LED Kolem Full Spectrum light. I am growing via hydroponics. Since this is my first grow I’m looking for feedback and advise, here’s some pics... IMG_1560.JPG IMG_1559.JPG IMG_1515.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What's the actual light power?

I have same size tent and a full spectrum 800W LED light but the actual light power is only 180W which's not too bad, it could be better but it's not too bad either. Some 800W lights have less than a 100W actual power. If that's the case, I would say add an extra light but make sure ventilation is set as a small tent like that with two lights could get overheated. Also during vegetation, do some LST or even super cropping because your plant might get too tall for your tent which is what happened with me. Good luck

• Like Like x 1

3. After looking it up my light gives off 160w. should I grab another light? This is my first grow I’m open to all opinions and advice. The tent never exceeds 80 degrees. I’m planning on LSTing soon. After researching I was told my plant grows up to 3 feet so I hope it doesn’t out grow the tent lol. Also, wishing you luck for your grow

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm a second grower so I'm far from a pro. However I've manager to grow my plant with 180W, it worked out fine for me so I'm pretty sure you will be ok with it too.

With my first grow, I didn't perform any kind of training which resulted in the length of the plant to outgrow the tent. Nevertheless, with my current plant I've done LST and it worked absolutely fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I hope this goes great. Even thought you may not be an expert I appreciate the advice and convo I started to LST yesterday. Also from your first grow what did you yield? IMG_1599.JPG IMG_1583.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Your plant looks healthy.

My first grow was two plants, lemon haze and Northern Lights, both were auto's feminized and I used only a 1 gallon pot each. My yield from Northern Lights was 20grams but lemon haze was a bit of a failure as I got just over 10grams.

My current grow White Widow Auto I'm expecting at least 50grams. I know that some might think 50 grams isn't much but in comparison to my Lemon Haze, it's a progression. Nevertheless, I'm harvesting her latest in two weeks I'll let you know

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don’t know if the size will make a difference but I’m also using a 5 gallon hydro bucket. Any way any Progression is good a lot of people can’t get past the seedlings. I can’t wait to see how it finishes. Keep me posted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey,

I Just three days after taken the picture above I've changed the water and added nutes. I've also started to see yellow tips prior I made sure ph was 6.5 and checked ppm. I woke up to yellow tips and a spiked ph.

I just went out and grabbed the flora series go box today. I was using mendocino nutes which came with kit. Can someone please tell me what it could be? IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

9. Nutes burn mate. Sometimes it's hard to get the correct amount of nutes but try to decrease them a little. I'm sure it will fix the issue

10. Your ph in hydro should get set when adding nutes around 5.6 and it should drift up to a max of about 6.5 ph. I would get the ph down into acceptable range for hydro which is 5.5 to like 6.3 also if you have a ppm pen mix nutes so ppm is about 200.(ppm500 scale)

11. Sorry I haven’t been posting last time the last time I posted her the tip of leaves started turning yellow since then I’ve changed from her the old nutes and been watching her grow. 3 weeks from last post this is what she looks like now. I’ve LSTed and did some leaf tucks. 6 weeks from seed IMG_1789.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good to see she's doing well

• Like Like x 1