First time grower!!

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Oxfordstoner, May 24, 2019.

1. Hey guys,
    Jack from The Vault has pointed me in the direction of Grass City as I need some help!

Last year in my Greenhouse I grew an auto flowering plant which looked like it was going to do quite well. I’d read somewhere that in order for the plant to flower, I needed a 12/12 light regime. So once it looked like the buds had formed quite nicely, I moved it from the Greenhouse to a shed and fitted a grow lamps over it. However, I think the sudden change in temperature shocked it and it started to form bud rot - so I had to harvest early.

Of course, I don’t want a repeat of last time so was wondering how I can get the plant to flower without having the same problems....

Any help you lovely people could offer me, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank!
    Oxfordstoner!

2. hi there Oxfordstoner ,,,there is no need to put the auto plant on 12/12 you can keep autos on 18 .or 20 hours light even 24 hours light as some growers do ,just keep it on the longer hours that suit you theres no need to have a dark period really for autos ,,,,mac,

3. Hey Mac,
    So if I’ve got it in the Greenhouse, it should be OK for growing in the UK?
    Wicked news!
    Thanks

4. Mac is spot on, again.
    Autos require from anywhere from 18/6 to 24/0 hours (best ratio debatable) of light...
    from start to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yea just keep it in greenhouse just keep it watered and fed and it should grow ok ..mac/

6. Cheers Tooslow! I really appreciate the help!

Oxfordstoner!

7. Hey Mac,
    What would you recommend as a good feed? I've got all the usual garden plant food, but I want my babies to have the best! :)
    Cheers
    Oxfordstoner!

8. i just use garden products from garden shop that are made for edible plants ,,for veggin i use one with higher N and lower p/k ,,,,and for flowering i use a liquid tomato feed ,,but to get the best results you should use feeds made for cannabis ,these can be expensive ,,,but i like doing things on the cheap so tomato feed for me..and my buds turn out fine ,, lol...mac,