First time grower!!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by VeteranGrower, Dec 24, 2016.

?

What do you think for my first time ?

1. Awesome , doing well !!

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. You suck at this dude !!!!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. #1 VeteranGrower, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    First time grower , medical cannabis patient in California doing a legal grow . So I'm new to all this although I've been medicating for years I've never grown anything other than pop a couple beans to end up forgetting about them . So for my first time I decided to kinda go all out , I taught myself everything I've done and have not had any help along the way other than my own research so tell me how I'm doing and what you think .

So it all started the day before Halloween , I just decided I'm tired of buying medicine from the dispensary and wanted to try my hand at my own crop. So I went on Amazon and purchased two LIGHTS: Roleadro 400w Cob led x 2
    For around $99.00 a piece from a Chinese manufacturer. And all my gear too build my own grow space like PANDA FILM , POTS, SAUCERS, Etc.

The NUTRIENTS I'm using are FLORA NOVA GROW/BLOOM , FOX FARMS:KELP ME KELP YOU , GH: CaMg , and GRANDMAS MOLASSES.

The SOIL I chose was FOX FARMS HAPPY FROG SOIL with MYCORRHIZAE and HUMIC ACID. I also am using MYKOS from XTREME GARDENING for transplants .

The CLONES I picked up on HALLOWEEN NIGHT at a dispensary here in California they are , THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIE x 3 , SUPERMAN O.G. X 2 , POISON O.G. ........ I also acquired a G.S.C, BUBBA KUSH , and B.B. , mothers as well as some cuttings from a BLUE DREAM , GRAND DADDY PURPS , and might get that old school GARLIC.

Now I'm posting this about 7weeks after starting all this but please let me know what you think. I grew the THIN MINT , S.M. , and POISON under one 400w cob in veg for about five weeks from rock wool cube blocks into 2gallon pots and than into 5 gal pots . I put them under a scrog net at about week 4 and added a second 400w C.O.B.than flipped them too 12/12 at week 5 and they have been in flower for 16 days now . image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yea no mentor no help at all except my own reading and trial . Thanks a lot organic samurai.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  3. Very impressive for a first time ! I would say your gonna want a few more cobs to flower though, grab a par meter off amazon and shoot for an even 500-950ųmol at the canopy...
    the roleadro sells a 4 cob light for very fair pricing. Also, good job on doing your research and going directly with c.o.b led instead of the multiple 1w 3w or 5w diode lights.
    Congrats all around really. Good job

Now look into building your own led light haha, that's what alot of us are starting to see is the future---Crazy amounts of light for a very small power draw.

Growmau5 on YouTube has the most informative DIY series out there on this stuff.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks blooblack I actually have two of the cobs in that room , both are 400w I added the second one when I switched to flower . So I have 800w in a 3x5 grow space . I also purchased two 4' x1' 4 bulb t5 lighting for my veg area . You think 800w is enough for my flower though ? And thank you for the kind words I really appreciate that .

5. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Looking good.... Keep it up... Good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 1
  7. It depends really... like I said the best way to know if your getting enough light is to use a par meter, which measures how much light essentially your plants are seeing at any given spot.
    The "watts " thing is becoming a debated measurement for lighting.
    Watts essentially translates into electrical inefficiency losses due to heat.... notice how hot a HID is vs a comparable LED....
    An 800 w hid would not illuminate that space sufficiently.
    But an 800w DIY cob, would probably be overkill for that space...
    So it comes down to efficiency factors.
    Though, if your on your dedicated track and plan on sticking with it;
    The lighting you have now is sufficient, though 4 or even 5 would be ideal for your space.
    More light=more weight
    Better spectrum=better quality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea that's what I was thinking myself would be 4 lights but I think I'm going to run with what I have going and if I need supplemental lighting I'll add it and probably upgrade to 4 on the next run. Thank you for the help !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anytime !

10. wow, really looks like you did your home work. Good shit bro.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice job veteran. Growing your own is not only much less expensive, and especially now that you have some equipment and know-how but also much more rewarding/satisfying.

You'll find that you can grow WAY better mugs than you'll buy at the dispensary the more and more experience you get - good luck on your first harvest.

J

12. Hi all, I really want to start growing I’ve done some research on some sites but I’m overwhelmed with information. Can someone give me some pointers. I have not gotten any equipment yet.

13. you might want to start another thread for that

Attached Files:

15. Is this bud close to being ripe. The tri’s are cloudy not amber