First time grower with fem seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Fanman, May 26, 2020.

1. This is my first experience with fem seeds. I wanted Sativa and high THC and let the guy behind the counter pick the seed. I ended up with 5 Y Griega. The seeds were very small. I planted them indoors in solo cups. It took over three weeks to get 4 to germinate. The seeds lacked vigor. One seems most normal but the other three plants are very small and have odd leaves. Slow growing as well. Is this normal? Do all fem seeds lack vigor are they smaller than normal seeds. Do I need to watch they don't herm? Is Y Griega any good? I read some are High CBD. Did I get taken. The store was the "Seed Cellar". These are now outside.

Thanks
    Fanman

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fem seeds are not all small. They are not all lacking vigor. Sounds like you got a weak pack of seeds. In particular Barney's Farm, World of Seeds, and Delicious seeds fem seeds have been consistently and impressively vigorous for me. IMG_20190930_114608.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. I learned years ago to not put all my eggs in one basket by growing one strain. Buy more different strains and get them started NOW.
    Some fast finishing Indica strains would be a good idea.

I've have had long running Sativa plants still growing past Christmas. Thankfully this is So Cal where it never freezes and I can just let them keep rocking. 14 weeks in flower for the last pair of White Widows I ran.

BNW

• Thanks! That helps to know. I have grown regular seed and am trying some clones outdoors.
    Fanman