First Time Grower With A Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lucidgrower96, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Hey guys I am a first time grower and I planted 9 OG Kush seeds about 1 1/2, maybe 2 weeks ago. I let the seeds sit in water for 2 days, tiny, tiny roots sprouted so I planted them about a half inch in the soil. Should I be worried that they haven't sprouted out of the ground yet? When should I except to see them sprout?

2. They should of sprouted by now I normally get them to sprout in a day maybe 22 did you put the taproot pointed down?? Try very carefully to take away the top of tge soil so you canjust about see it then put the tiniest bit of soil over the top. What soil are you using also what light

3. ** maybe 2 **

4. I'm using a HUGE 750 watt HID light it's on for 19 hours a day and I'm using organic roots soil. They are lightly watered daily. My grow bible says it can take 2-3 weeks to sprout and yes I put them facing down. What am I doing wrong?

5. For one that light is far to strong for a seed/seedling maybe use a couple of cfls to get it sprouted or if you have a dimmable ballast dim it down and as for watering everyday you shoukd only water when soil is dry stick your finger into the soil if its still damp dont water you may have drowned those tiny roots

6. I water daily, but not all of them I water when my moisture/pH reader says the moisture is low and I gradually water until the reader's in the green. The light is like 5 feet about the seedlings. I have shown my grown room to my friends mother who used to grow for a living and she said the lighting system was perfect and to wait another week before replanting.

7. Well no offence but your friends mother doesnt no what she is talking about you should water when soil is dry not when a metre tells you too and no matter what light it is it should never be 5 feet away hid/hps lights 12-15 inches away cfls fluoros 2-5 inches away otherwise your plant will strecth so tall it will just fall over and a 750watt is to strong for seed seedling the way i get my seedlings to pop is put them in a dark warm place in a humidity dome no light at all and within2 days they always break the surface

8. Just keep the light where it is, 4'-5' away and keep the soil moist and you'll be just fine. Some seeds take a few days, just be patient and give it another day or two.

The light is NOT too strong - overkill, maybe but it sure wont hurt anything.

J

9. You said the taproot popped while the seeds were still soaking in water? My guess, they drowned then and there.

10. So your saying a light 4 to 5 feet away is not going to make a plant stretch like hell??

11. Not with a 750 watt HID light it's not.

J

12. If you say so im just going off the 7 months of research i did before i started and the things i have tried myself if it works for me it can work for anyone

13. I know there's nothing wrong with my setup. I had help setting it up from someone with 30 years experience

14. Well obviously something is wrong there if you had help with a person who has had 30 years exerience and they still wont sprout? The first mistake you made is germanating them in water the sprout has come out in the water drowned the roots and the seed and killed your plant even before its started its life

15. Yeah well I just stuck my finger in the soil and I can feel the roots and they're thicker then last time I checked, they're not dead, just growing slowly, I guess.