First Time Grower White Widow Nutrient Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growiusmaximus, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Hello to all...

First time grower here. I just germinated some seeds I got from http://www.amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com They are White Widow and I had a 100% germinate. I have them in 1 and a half inch rockwool and they are 7 days old now. My Hydroponics should be here tomorow. I have the waterfarm 8 pack and a 1000W HPS Hortilux that will be setup in a 8' x 3' x 8' closet. I plan on putting the babies into 4" rockwool and then in hydroton in the waterfarm.

I have done lots and lots of reading and should probably gone with a more forgiving strain but I am the kinda guy to jump in with both feet (and did not realize how unforgiving white widow can be.

Here are my questions... Hard to find a lot of info on strain nute requirements but i found this at http://weedseedshop.com/grow_help.php?weed=White Widow
    HYDROPONIC VEGATATIVE SOLUTION, per gallon:
    Miracle Grow Patio (contains trace elements) 1 teaspoon
    Epsom salts ½ teaspoon
    Human Urine (OPTIONAL - may create odors indoors.) ¼ cup
    Oxygen Plus Plant Food (OPTIONAL) 1 teaspoon

Can this be right? With all the different organic and non organic grow formulas...MIRACLE GROW??????? is this really best for White widow? and urine?????? how can i smoke out my friends with pee weed? LOL

Please teel me the best mix for hydroponics. also can someone tell me when to go from the compact fluro to turn on the HPS

I will be sarting my grow Juornal over the weekend. Any help for the babies is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Don't mean to be rude, but it looks like you need to go back and read a lot more.

3. HEY Thanks for the help pal. Hope everyone here is as helpful as you (jerk)

DID NOT SAY I wrote the book just been doing a lot of reading.. and was hoping to find some help from people with experience.

I hope Whodi is not indicitive of the response i will get.

4. To be honest i agree with whodi, hes bein honest. The nutes shit you have there is wrong, go with regular hudroponics fertilizers. Fox Farm work quite well from what i have read. But you will need more than a farm and a light sitting in a closet for a hydro grow.

fans, a carnon filter, thermometer, ec meter, ph meter, fertilizers, lots of water, and even more stuff.

I dont know why you dont go from HPS to HPS with flo's. HPS can be used for seedlings!
    Read more tho, i mean theres a whole damn section dedicated to hydroponics...

5. they kind of look like they are streching other than that nice where did you get that rockwool stuff at:confused:

6. Thanks deafeningsilanc, I have all the extras alreadys, closet is already been vented and have a cabon filter and intake and exhust fans ph tester,, ppm tester, fans, thermometer etc. I am not going into this blind. I also know what nutes are on the market. I had just come across the Miracle grow comment about white widow on grasscity and one other site and found it hard to believe that that was reccommened by real gower likes on this site.

Just trying to get a lttle guidance since there are not manyplace to go ask for help.

Is there a specific batch of nutes that someone with WW exp can reccommend?

Thanks for the reply Mastershake they did stretch a bit I got my rockwool at www.ecogrow.com