First Time Grower...Small Grow Box Setup. Advice Please.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chris628, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Hi everyone, I am a new member and after looking around google I kept coming back to this site and reading other peoples posts I figured I would attempt a little grow of my own.

I am attempting a experiment grow out of a old cabinet I had that was falling apart. The inside was already flat white so seemed good to go. I made a door type setup out of cardboard and added a little foil on the inside. The demensions are 2 ft long by 2 1/2 ft tall and a foot deep. I am attempting to run CFL's and have 2 42W CFLs and preparing to have 2 plants max in the box. I plan on adding another 2 lights as they grow.

I started my seeds in a carboard type container which I can transplant them in. I think they are ready to go into 2 separate pots but I'm debating between using perlite and coco coir or going with potting soil. I plan on ordering some Fox Farms nuits soon.

I have a small fan pointing up at the bottom because I have the space since I am only growing the small container that is holding 3 small seedlings. It seems to provide some circulation giving the plants a slight breeze and I can feel a little air coming out the top of the box. Once I transplant the plants into 2 different containers should I still have a fan blowing on them inside and have a small fan at the top blowing air out? Its a small area so dont need a huge amount of exhaust I would think.

Im guessing I planted these guys in soil 2 weeks ago so have been sprouted out the ground about a week.

Looking for any advice you guys can give.

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't have planted them all in the same pot. It's going to be very difficult to seperate them as time goes on

3. Currently there is 1 in one side and 2 in the other. I'm probably going to clip the smallest one that has 2 plants in there so ill be able to transplant them into there own pots. I put 2 seeds per little pot but didn't expect them all 4 to germinate, had 1 of the stems break off early on so have the 3 now.

They are about 2-3" tall. Are they ready for a 6inch pot? Don't want to stunt the growth of them