first-time grower seeks advice for mildew

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blazedingo, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey everyone, I'm a first-time grower with a beautiful Northern Lights mother in my backyard that I bought off craigslist. She's sitting in a 5 gallon smart pot and gets plenty of light and wind.
    It's been really humid here lately, and occasionally i'll find a leaf with a milky white spot that almost looks like bird shat that I promptly remove and dispose of.

The plant is already a few weeks into flowering, and I'm aware that mildew infections are internal and that they get worse in the Fall.

The question I have for some of you advanced growers is, does the plants immune system fight this infection or will it have more of a cancerous snowball effect? I'm wondering if I'll be able to continue towards harvest with careful monitoring and maintenance, or if should start making spray solutions of diluted baking soda, milk, or H202. Again, she's already in her flowering phase but the mildew only strikes ever so often, either or new or older growth but never in the buds.

Thanks in advance