First time grower, seeds just germinated

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bababoom, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I was thinking about putting them in a red solo cup. Also I was wondering if I should mix the soil with chicken poop lol I know it sounds gross, but my mom used to use it for her garden and she said it was a great fertilizer. And I figure since I have chickens why not? lol

and can anyone tell me when to transfer them from the solo cups to a larger pot?

Thank you :):p

2. Waruppppppp

What I always do is put my germinated seeds on peat moss pellets (cheap and easy to get). Just water them and wait for the roots to grow for some days until they start to show at the bottom of the pellets.

Give em light, dont over water and you should be fine for a week or so.
    Then you may transfer them to your solo cups, but I recommend you put them in a larger pot from the beginning and you won´t have to worry about stress and shit hahaha.

good luck-
    hope it helps :D

3. About the soil.
    I think that chicken poop is used by some cannabis growers, but I have never used it.
    I use liquid guano, perlite, organic hummus, worm castings, dolomite lime, soil with very good aeration. My babies have been growing fast and I haven´t used my liquid guano yet. The PH is good, no pests, everything great

4. No chicken poop for the seedling. Too hot. Seedling only needs water, light, and a growing medium.

5. If you do choose to use chicken poop for fertilizer, make sure it has had a month or longer to compost before you put it anywhere near your girls, or any plant you care about. Fresh poo is too hot for almost all plants. After its rested its an amazing garden fert. I haven't used it on mj yet because this is my 1st grow, but I love it in my veggie garden.

Happy growing my friend!

6. you want to let the roots develope a system intide the solo cup before you transplant it.

i'de say keep it in your cup for a good 2 weeks.