First time grower ?s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flyagricz, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Hey whats up all this my first time growin indoors nd my plant is about 2 weeks the second set of leaves commin in are turning yellow from the center while other leaves look dark green i recently transplanted the plant to a bigger pot and filled with soil because it was growing tall and skinny nd kept trying to fall over but from what ive found searching the forum is it may be a nitrogen deficiency but not sure any info be great thanks here sum pics of her

Attached Files:

2. It's fine. It's needs much less attention than new growers actually give them. Water it about once a week and let it grow. Other than that she does look a little stretched. More light or moving your light a bit closer will get that in check. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

• Like Like x 3
  3. They shouldnt really be needing fed when there that small, im guessing there about ten days old? just pack some dry soil up about a inch off the leaves against your skinny stems should stop em going over.
    :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cool thanks ill move my light a lil closer i have a vintage grow light do you think that is enough for one plant or should i be gettin more lights? There only one nd it bout 14 days old n ya ill put some more dry soil up lil closer on the stems thanks

5. Another question when should i change my light schedule im at 24/0 now but wondering when the right time to change to 18/6 thanks

6. If you're at 24/0 there's no need to switch to 18/6 at all. Just flip to 12/12 when you're ready to flower. What kind of soil are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok cool thanks nd it sum potting soil i have at my house for my other plants. I grow indoors i think the brand was miracle grow

8. That's probably the cause of the discoloration you're seeing in your plants. Cannabis seedlings don't need any nutrients whatsoever until they grow a couple sets of true leaves. Putting them into miracle grow soil with nutrients and time release nutrients built in overloaded them. Stay away from MG products for cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok thanks for that so do you think i messed up my plant then? Or you think itll be fine in the soil there not anyway to transplant it now is there?

10. It will make it, but it will probably be stunted for a while. Just think of it as a learning experience.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok thanks for the advise appreciate it

12. Have a small fan blow on the plant. This will help strengthen the stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I didn't see anybody address this, but OP what do you mean by vintage light? I pray your not talking an incandescent light, right!?

And no nutes that young!!!

14. Its a vintage grow high yield 12 watt led light i got off amazon nd i have it about 16 inches away now it was about 24 away

15. That light is not going to do you any favors, is that the only light you have?

16. You need something like this at least. Or look into an affordable led unit.
    [​IMG]

17. Yes its the only led light i have nd ill try nd find one like the one stated above how many do i need for one plant? . is it jus not giving the plant the light it needs or is it jus worthless altogether?

18. You should have 120 to 150w per foot squared

19. Your plant will slowly wither away if you don't upgrade

20. Ok so i found sum grow lights at home depot gunna get sum and hook them up asap but my plant kinda drooping its in the end of its 3rd week now do you think the lights hurting its. Growth it looks kinda small nd sorry for such all the noob questions thanks for all the info so far

Attached Files: