First Time Grower - Regular or Feminized Seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by breedingbitches, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Hi, I was literally just about to put my order to PeakSeedsBC in the mailbox when I realized they likely were not feminized. I hurried inside to reconsider. I have spent weeks trying to decide where to order from, and I was originally going to order from Nirvana, when I decided I didn't want to risk customs, so I went with a Canadian bank. I am purchasing NorthernLights, and I had chosen the feminized strain from Nirvana's selection, but PeakSeedsBC doesn't offer feminized seeds. What should I do?

I just really don't want to mess this up, as I have zero cannabis growing experience. Also, I forgot to mention, Nirvana was gonna get me 5 fem seeds, and PeakSeedsBC will get me 10 [supposedly] regular. I just really want to get my order sent out, because I've been putting this off for weeks.

Thanks.

2. Just order the regular seeds and hope one is a female....or you could order through another canandian bank that has your NL in fem seeds...don't quote me on this but i'm fairly positive BC Bud Depot is a canadian operated seed bank that'll hook ya up.

3. I wouldn't bother with regular seeds...you aren't going to be breeding any time soon so it makes little sense for you to spend a bunch of time growing out a plant you have zero use for.

4. That's another concern of mine. Do I have good chances at producing females? Because if not all my seeds germinate, and then only a couple are female, it will feel almost like a waste

5. Any males are a waste in your situation. If you want to take the gamble its up to you, but if you have no use for males then there's no reason to buy reg seeds.

6. Plant one bagseed and one fem seed. You gonna mess up. But that how wé learn. I killed three différent grows before I actually got a true harvest

Sent from my HTC One VX using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. My thoughts exactly. Okay. I'm convinced. I can't buy from Peak Seeds then, right? They didn't offer a fem strain.
    It just sucks because I was getting the best deal from that one. $30 for 10 seeds, and free shipping.

However, they likely wont all be female, so is paying $60+ at another bank for 5 females a better deal?

8. Your post described me exactly... I'm about to start my 2nd grow soon. I really wanted the peakbc strain of NL, but ended up ordering fem NL Nirvana from gtaseeds in Ontario. I'm west Canada and it came in 3days.

The irony.... I specified " feminine regular" on the order form so I would not get the feminine auto flower , they were out of just feminine regular so they interpreted " feminine regular" meant I wanted just regular seeds instead..... They gave me 10 reg .....

I emailed gtaseeds, , and according to their response on Oct.18 , they will have more Nirvana fem seeds in "1 to and a 1/2 weeks"

In my case I want 2 plants, so I'd rather achieve it by fem seeds than growing many plants and crossing my fingers.

9. I'm on my 3rd attempt so it's truly not as easy as people make it look. I'm using only fem seeds but wish I had some reg seeds as it don't matter male or female if I'm still learning and wasting 12 bucks a seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. If your just starting up just get fem sees from a legit source, ive popped hundreds of fem seeds from good seed banks and got no males, and good buds.

11. Many times they are like tattoos...just because its cheap doesn't mean you should say yes. Odds are what you spend will be made up for by not having to fill a room full of cock and balls.

There are plenty of quality banks that won't break your bank, and depending on genetics the fems aren't any cheaper than regs. Not a bad idea to run some bagseed though as noobs tend to make things far more difficult than it needs to be and kill a lot of stuff.

12. I would totally start with bags we'd but I've been having a hard time finding a seed that will germinate.

13. Feminized

14. Fem!

My very first grow I started with 4 fem seeds (NL). All 4 sprouted and grew to harvest. I would strongly recommend fem seeds from a reputable bank. I would also lean toward the Northern Lights strain. I particularly like the Northern Lights x Big Bud cross that I ordered from Attitude.

Fem's take one variable out of the equasion and the simpler the better.

Have Fun!!

15. I know u don't want to deal with customs, but I've gotten from herbies 3 Times with no hassles. Cheap and all fem seeds have germinated. They gave me 2 free reg seeds and 1 was male, what a bitch all the time and effort I put in to possibly jeopardize my whole grow. My .02

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. No doubt, order female if you aren't breeding.

17. Feminized

18. I have only had to order seeds when I wanted to  try a new strain that I couldn't find a clone around. Not very often. That said, I have not had any issue ordering seeds from the EU. Also, my favorite strain so far came from a "freebie" that I got from Attitude. I tossed the freebies in a drawer thinking "If I had wanted XXXX strain I would have ordered it! Then I had a bit of space for a couple more plants and I poped two of the freebies. One of them turned out to be some of the best smoke I have ever had.

If you pay attention to the knowlege that our compatriates share here and follow thier good direction you should have good success with quality seeds. If you take this seriously then buying the best seeds will be an investment. Not a gamble.

As far as I can remember I have only had one seed that didn't produce a healthy adult plant. This is not because I have any special knowlege myself but because I have followed the direction of those, on this board, that have gone before me and been willing to share the methods that worked for them.

19. Look regular seeds could grow up male and female plants. The male plants are completely useless you plan on breeding the male plant with a female plant to make another plant type. 
    So go feminized, and you can clone from those to keep up your plant count. 5 plants will be plenty to look out for on your first grow. Good Luck! Refer to this video if you need any advise or help! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-KNNAY80g