First Time Grower- Questions/Photo Journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Jun 25, 2017.

1. So i recently planted my first seed in store bought soil after germinating in paper towels (MG Potting Mix. sue me; extreme budgeting) Anyways, i want to know if this is a promising start or if something is not right here. This is day 1 after planting. Any help is well appreciated

[​IMG]

2. It's fine intact canny fast just don't worry and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. Excellent! Since its my first time i just like to make double sure that im doing everything okay, if all else fails i may just attempt a clone

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. MG Soils

something not right here

nuf said!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Another question i have, is this the point where you put it in light? Currently all i have available is a 60W CFL but i plan on getting more bulbs, or a stronger one at least for now

6. If ur using miracle grow soil if u can't change soil only feed water no nutes are at least 6 to 7 weeks she's full of nutes time release too so not good

7. Yeah yeah i know MG is "no good" but its all that was available to me on such short notice. I dont plan on always using it, but its inexpensive for someone who has never grown. I wanted to get FFOF but wasnt able to get around to the Hydro store due to my hectic work schedule, so the MG is strictly for this first grow

• Like Like x 1
  8. The 3$ a bag Walmart soil is better than mg.

First grow using cfls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. in time and poor as..you could use a rapid rooter to germ in (40cents)

until you got the cash to get some FFOF and add another 25% perlite ($25.00)

right now is the time to hang a 60w cfl about 2-3 inches above that germ( 3x for $9.99)

nice and close to a temp gauge and maybe a small pc type fan

if that poor we can only assume that this seed is a bagseed

of unknown quality and pheno (???)

just one seed screws you if its a male more the reason to grow a min of 4..imo

good luck

10. I got it in a batch of bud i got from a local dispensary. As far as i know the strain is Strawberry Cough, in the 1/4 i purchased i got 3 seeds all of which germed, but i handed the other 2 off. I really do plan on taking a better route with better supplies on my next try, but hey gotta start somewhere. Thanks for the tips

• Like Like x 1
  11. Get that out of miracle grow asap anything but that stuff honestly that stuffs poison for cannabis! It's Extended release soil not want you want transplant into some canna terra professional or something of the sort

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. She looks a little to wet might let your soil dry out a touch, back in the day 30yrs ago i used truckloads of MG there were not alot of choices, ggrew some great bud

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah i had a feeling when i originally planted it that i might have let the soil get a little too wet. Whats the policy on watering at this point? If it helps i have a spray bottle laying around i could use to spritz topsoil once its dried

14. Spritz bottle is a good choice at this stage.,,,,

15. So just give water nothing else

16. I'd use local soil over MG anyday. If you really wanna budget, consider composting. You can take scraps from everyday uses and grow beneficial bacteria/fungi that will aid their growth tremendously, as well as adding more organic fertilizers to the mix. You can even use it to enrich poor local soil - which is what you should consider instead of using Miracle Grow.

Plus it's always good to recycle anything you can, no matter how big or little it may be. Innovation keeps budget grows alive bro!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. Well heres hoping my plant turns out well, like i said earlier, if all else fails im going to try again with a clone and better supplies from my local hydro shop. I was on an extremely tight budget when i started this grow. Plus, if im being completely honest with you, i didnt expect ANY of these seeds to make it this far haha

18. Hahaha! I kinda suspected considering the tight budget. People have done it for millennia without modern ferts and technology so it'll probably grow fine. Jus remember "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT"...or smoke in this case. Also, "YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN"

So if you are using chemical fertilizers, prepare to smoke some residual chemicals. If its for personal use do whatever you want with it, but if other heads are in on the sesh be sure to think about their health as well.

Using a clone will up your odds, but make sure to have add a few successful seed-to-harvest grows under your belt for hands-on experience. Nothing compares to first hand knowledge, which is why we have these forums

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. yes all of this, and also, always remember, the search box is your friend....

20. Is this in reference to the ferts in the soil or in the future?