First time grower, problems, please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by majorbotany, Mar 13, 2011.

1. First time growing, and having some odd problems, any and all help will be appreciated.
    First off, the details of the grow...
    I'm growing a feminized Fast Neville's by Female Seeds and a feminized Grapefruit also by Female.
    They were started under 2 42W CFL's
    They were put under a 400W Metal Halide light on day 12
    Humidity of the room is kept right around 50% give or take 5%...
    Temperature of the room is kept around 77-79 degrees.
    They are 22 days old from germination.
    Started in Jiffy Pots, transplanted to 1 gallon pots on day 4. (out of necessity seeing they had already poked through the bottom of Jiffy)
    The 1 gallon pots are filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest growing medium.
    Until day 14 they were watered with 50/50 RO water and tap water.
    Then realized that I shouldn't use softened tap water :rolleyes: so now using straight RO water
    PH is maintained between 6.25-6.40, PPM between 195-220 when i was using mixed water, now with RO water only about 15 PPM.
    On day 15 watered with 1/4 strength nutes. (local hydro strore nutes, David's Grow is the brand.)
    On day 16 noticed that the Fast Neville started to show yellow spots that you'll see in pics below...
    Immediately flushed pot with 2 gallons of RO water
    The flushed water runoff had a PH of 6.40, and PPM was around 640

End of flush PH was 6.50, and PPM was down to around 180-190
    Since flush I've only watered once with RO water with a PH of 6.30, and PPM of 15.
    On day 21 noticed some purpilish, even somewhat brownish coloring of the leaves on the Fast Neville.
    Flushed once more with RO water PHed at 6.40
    Runoff PH was at 6.32 and 567 PPM
    End of flush water was 6.42 PH and PPM was at 146
    And thats where I'm at, no problems seem to have come up with the Grapefruit.
    Pics below show the Fast Neville being on the right in the side by sides.
    Any help would be appreciated. :D
    Oh and other than the spotting, how do they look for a noob?

Attached Files:

2. they look good and healthy to me man.... keep it up....

3. So no worries about the yellow and pupleish spotting...? Thanks for the appreciation though man:D

4. Lookin sexy bro.

Easy does it with the nutes.

Freak
    :smoke:

5. Could the burning (yellow spots) be from the soil though? Seeing as I only fed with nutes one time? I've read the Ocean Forest is pretty hot for the first month or so. If so, should I cut 50/50 with some Light Warrior for the young ones?
    Thanks for the props though dude

6. Youre right about the FFOF,
    but your plants seem to have handled it quite well...

I wouldnt change a thing, just watch out with the feedings.

If those little tiny booboos is all that there is then, good job !!!

Freak
    :smoke:

7. I would have to agree with freakbro1, you shouldn't be using nutes if you just transplanted them until after about 4 weeks of them being in the FF.

8. Alright, thanks bro!
    You've put my fears to rest.
    Thanks again, I'll keep you guys updated.
    Happy Tokin' :smoke:

9. ...be sure to let your pots dry out before you rewater them, especially after a flush. The forest will do well for a few weeks no need to add a thing...IMO, when you use RO, your going to need to add some cal./mag. to your feedings when feeding time comes. Good luck.