First Time Grower Needs Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tiny Mids Blunt, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Hey GC!

I was looking forward to setting up a small grow in January, but I had a few questions about the whole process:

1) I want to grow anywhere between 1 and 6 plants. Can anyone comment on the varying degrees of odor I'll have to fight for that range? And explain to someone who only smokes and vaporizes to understand the paradigm shift between talking about smoke smell and growing smell.

2) If I buy feminized seeds for a certain strain, and then grow that plant, will it also produce seeds? And if so, since they would theoretically carry over their genetics, would those seeds also be feminized? (I feel like I already know the answer is no to this question...)

3) Has anyone here grown Nirvana's Northern Lights strain who could comment with any specific tips, or who could even offer up a review of the bud?

I think that's it for now. Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

2. #2 MaineCronic, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
    1) odor controls are managable with carbon filters and proper ventilation. just one plant can stink up your entire house. Growin and smoking smell is extremely different. a growing plant is a constant odor, it's a "Fresh, green" smell, rather than the classic burnt, or vaporized smell. it's extremely potent, and it can penetrate a lot. closing a few doors wont help contain the smell.

I had to give my tent to my seedlings, so I have 4 photoperiod plants 9 weeks into flower, and even with an inline fan taking air in from outside, circulating through the room, and vented with another fan/carbon filter combo, I can smell my plants drive my driveway (approx 15 feet away from the house)

2. feminized seed will not grow and produce seeds, unless it is pollinated by a male plant. the seed produces will chear the genetics of the mother and the father plant. if you have a male, you can collect pollen, and only polinate a section of buds on a female plant, so that only a few buds produce seeds. I suggest cloning. that way you have your 100% same genetics as the mother, and it lets you stay perpetual.