First Time grower needs help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by talem84, May 15, 2009.

1. Hi . Iam growing for the first time . Iam growing in soil. I bought a clone and put it in a bigger pot. Put a CFL light on it 100 watt. Iam using tin foil to reflect light.

How much should the light be above the clone? How many morel ight should i get >? Also i have it going on 12/12.

2. first off don't use tin foil, it will create hot spots and possibly burn your plant, and for the light, more light = more buds when flwering....

put the light as close to the plant as possible, the cfl light doesn't penetrate very well, so use your hand as a guide, put your hand as close as you can to the light until it is warm but not uncomfortable, and that is as close as the plant should be.

3. thank you. would you recommend 4 all togeather? Also wheres the best place to look for a decent cabnet or stealth grow room? Instead of tin foil what would you suggest?

4. 4 should be good, but if your are flowering the light should be 2700kelvin and vegging is 6500kelvin.....just so you know. instead of tin foil, you could get mylar at your local hydro shop, or a cheap alternative is to get flat white(not gloss)..

my first little grow box was a cardboard box, seriously....otherwise use a large rubbermaid container or build one out of wood and panda film works...

5. sweet! Is there any tutorials on how to make one from Rubbermaid ? Cardboard? I used a project display board and made that indo a rectable with one light hangin above the plants. i will get pics for tonight. if you have any suggestionmgs id appreciate it.

6. ok heres what i have . :

4 100 wat soft cfl lights.

1 37 inch rubbermade tube

i clone

1 pot.

1 fan

7. sounds good. just jimmy rig the lights to the top... get a hole for the fan, put it up high in the box so it remove HOT air....and get a 2in1 thermstat and hygrometer and monitor temps until you get it where you want it.

8. #8 talem84, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
    now should i be using soft lights or daylight lamps ? got the themoeter. I have 4 soft white lights. 26 w + 100 W.

9. daylight is for veg, soft white is for flower.
    daylight is much more white than the soft white. 2700k for soft white and 6500k for daylight.

10. so would 4 daylight 100 wat bulbs work?

11. Yeah the daylights are good for veg. But you said you were running 12/12. You shouldn't be going 12/12 until you're flowering, man.

12. ah thank you . What are the best times for vegatation?

13. 24/0 20/4 18/6 or 16/8, there is no worng answer, more light gives the plants most growth, less light for less growth....some ppl don't give any night time(lights off), personally i aways have the light off for at least 4 hours daily..

14. Thank you very much! So basically i just need to spray paint the inside so the light bounces off? That seems easy.

15. #15 cantharis, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009

Is that Old Wives´ Tale still being repeated? It is total bullshit, there is no problem at all using aluminium foil. And nobody has made TINfoil for years.