First time grower needs help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jakenshake, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hey guys, ive been reading these forums for a while now, and ive finally decided to try my hand at growing, but i need a wee bit of help

My seedlings have sprouted and everything, im just not sure where to go from here. Is there another alternative to an HPS light? Im not sure if i have the money for one of those yet. What all should i be looking for, and focusing on in this point of my plant's life. ( i have 4 sprouts btw)

thanks in advance

2. #2 BKKG, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
    What you should be doing is figuring out how to make a time machine, and then going back to the time before you started growing and doing some research instead. You say that you've been reading these forums for a while now, but your questions (Is there an alternative to an HPS light?) suggest that you either weren't reading closely, or weren't reading in the growing section. Start reading through a grow guide (The Cannabis Grow Bible is a little outdated, but very good for a beginner) IMMEDIATELY.

You can use CFL's to grow just fine, and for the veg stage of your plants' lives you'll want daylight spectrum bulbs (6500K or so). They'll be in the veg stage for roughly a month, or more if you choose to veg them longer. You'll want about 100 watts per plant, if you can manage it.

What sort of grow environment have you set up?

3. Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking...

When people say "I've been doing my research on these forums for a while now and finally decided to start growing, what lights do I need?"..... it... well.... fuck it.