First Time Grower Needs Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chicagouno6900, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Here is my plant. I don't have any idea what strain it is. I just planted some seeds and this baby popped up. What do you guys think? Male or female? If it is female, is it time for the flowering stage? I have no idea what I'm doing, I been reading the forums for help. it is kept in my garage. the garage is not heated or anything. i just put it on a 12/12 schedule 3 days ago and watering every couple of days. should i be doing this? also, this is day 3 of 12/12. i noticed that some of the leaves are starting to curl downwards. they didn't start doing this until i put them on 12/12 is this normal? the weather out here has been in the upper 70's lower 80's and 60's at night. my plant is in the garage so its prolly 5-10 degrees warmer at night, is this ok? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yes, it looks to be a female, good job.
    Leaves curling down is usualy a sign of heat problems, try to lower the temps about 5-10 degreese and see if that fixes the problem within a couple of days.

3. yeah that plant is a good old female. i think the temperture change is your problem. 60 degrees is a little cold for a plant and a change from 80 to 60 from day to night is too drastic. what nutrients are you using? also the nodes look very distant from each other. to get a bigger yield either use some side lighting or start weighing down the braches or low stress train to get more light to the inner nodes. hope this helps
    wabdizzy:smoke:

4. Thanks for the info guys. I got a couple more questions. I was checking on the plant today and saw the roots coming to the surface on the sides. I was using a 1gallon pot. So I decided to transplant it into a bigger 2 1/2 gallon pot. Good idea or no? Also when I was moving the plant, I slipped and broke off one of the lower branches. :( How bad is this going to effect me? Any chance of saving the broken branch for a clone?

5. yes, if you have the space, definently put into a bigger pot. The more space the roots have to grow, the larger you plant will typically become....strong root system = great weed!

Best of luck!

6. Yea thats a female like everyone else saig i pesonaly would put it in the house instead of the garage that way you can control the temp and trans plant it in a 5 gallon pot btw
    peace~