First time grower...need some help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Silverlakes123, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Hello all, I’m growing a single plant for the first time in my life as an experiment just to see if I’m capable of doing it or not. I found a seed in a bag and planted it hoping that it was female and from what I’ve read I think I got lucky and got a female seed. I water my plant once a week and every 2 weeks I spoon feed it with some fertilizer. The only fertilizer I have put on it so far was last Wednesday, I put a teaspoon of 13-2-13 and a teaspoon of 0-0-30. Next week I plan on introducing some phosphorus to the plant by putting a teaspoon of 11-52-0 along with a teaspoon of 0-0-30 and also a teaspoon of Humate. My plant hasnt been watered since last Wednesday so the soil is pretty dry and the only fertilizer that has been introduced to it was a teaspoon of both 13-2-13 and 0-0-30. My question is why are my leaves turning some what a lime green color? Is it possible it’s getting too much sun? Or could it be a nutirient or water deficiency? This is the first plant I’ve ever grown so any help from the more experienced growers is very much appreciated...my plant is only about a month or month and half old

Attached Files:

2. How old are they? have they always been outdoor plants?

I have some seedlings that were yellowish-lime green all over and stretched out from being rootbound in starter cubes with no nutes for too long. Bigger container and some nitrogen and they have all turned a healthier color and bulked up...you may not see the results of nutes right away though, your new growth looks a healthy color so I'd guess you are on the right track on that side of things.

More concerning is the stem/leaf ratio, it looks like it's been growing under a single far-away incandescent bulb or something. Is it getting direct sun for most of the day?

I'd transplant to something bigger (or the ground), get it nutes (mostly nitrogen), and make sure wherever it lives gets as much light for as much of the day as possible.

3. Thanks for the reply Ffinger! I’m growing this one in a pot and leaving it outside all day in the sunlight from 8 AM until 630 PM. I’m going to move it over to a bigger pot and put some nitrogen on it and see what happens

4. No where near enough light time. It needs anywhere from 18-20hrs of light a day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I see no indication that your plant is a female. I suggest you transplant to a larger container.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pretty much this. Either leave it outside permanently or get some lights on it for at least four more hours.

7. What kind of bulb and what wattage would you recommend?

8. Agreed, no signs of sex yet. Looks healthy otherwise, just give it plenty of light and keep it fed.

9. What kind of bulb and what wattage would you recommend?

10. Get some good LED lights, there are a few good options out there. You could go with a COB, a Quantum Board, a Photon Fantom board, or some other white-light LED setup. Check out Rapid LED Timber Grow Lights Photon Fantom and this thread for some options.

11. Thanks man I really appreciate your help!

12. I'm using a mixture of fls and the spotlight and standard shaped full spectrum led grow light bulbs by feit electric, they are about 14 bucks a pop at my local home Depot.
    They have lower true wattage than the high end panels, of course, but I keep them a foot away from my plants and they are growing like...weeds. they are in aimable clip lights with reflectors (10 bucks, home Depot again) so I can aim them and hit all the hidden gems that are rapidly forming into colas. If I had gone with my first plan and spent 2 or 3* as much on a panel I wouldn't have that option.

If I was raising just one plant I'd get 2-3 of those and fill in the gaps with cheap as dirt CFLs. Really for one plant you could do the whole thing cfl. I'd only invest in expensive equipment if you plan to make growing a regular thing.