First time grower, need some help, please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by amv95, Mar 14, 2017.

1. I'm just growing one plant, strain is blue dream. March 2 is when I switch lighting cycle to 12/12. I'm a little concerned about the plant, its almost about 2ft and lacking lower layers (branches/leafs). A friend has told me to try keeping it shorter and stockier, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm nervous to prune since the leaves are lacking on the bottom. Is this a lighting issue or something else?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pot is too small.

3. I've be debating on transferring out of worry it'll get real leggy. I was thinking 10" or should I go 12", or 14" pot size?

4. 3-5 gallon pot. start to bend it over with some lst

5. Oh shi**..do you have side lighting?

6. I would go with at least a 14" which is usually referred to as a 7gal. Then plant it all the way down in the new pot and bury as much of the stem as you can. Usually lack of light causes them to get leggy. After it recovers from being transplanted bend it over like Stephen suggested. It looks pretty healthy so you should be able to train it without hurting it.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. More light. What type of light is it? How much?
    Transplant to a proven medium in a larger pot.

GL

J

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Grumbledore, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Sorry but that pic is pure comedy

Your plant has stretched out because of insufficient light intensity. It's doing its best to get close to the light but as it gets taller the lower branches get further from the light source and can't photosynthesise effectively stunting any lateral growth

You won't grow much more than a few grams unless you step up the light.

Get a bigger pot too and you could still fix it although if it were me I'd make some cuttings from that and start from scratch

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dunno about inches, last time I saw imperial units was in school :D
    Anyways, x1.6 of the current pot is working well for me mostly.

10. Thanks for the information! This plant started in a Mcdonalds cup with some soil, was just messing around and it actually grew! So little effort has been put into it but now finding out that its female, I want to invest my time into it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Invest your time by making it into a few cuttings and growing 4 or 5 good plants with a decent light instead of persisting with that one. Impress yourself with the success you can create from failure

• Like Like x 1
  12. That may be the most stretched plant I've ever seen, interesting. I may have missed this but what is the light situation? Def going to be a extremely low yield but don't let that discourage you for next time.

• Like Like x 1