First Time grower need some advice. Pictures inside

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chronicbud, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I am a first time grower and am using a 1000 watt mh. I have my plants in organic soil in 5 gallon buckets. Most of my plants look healthy and strong but a few of them aren't looking so tough. I am just curious as to what is wrong with them and what i need to do to save them. Thank's in advance  photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

2. Soil is way to heavy for that little guy . Go get some chunky perlite and amend your soil. Or buy a new brand that stuff looks rough

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Okay so the soil is to heavy those are three different baby's  I have 5 more that look good in the same soil. I raised my light because i though it could be heat stress. Some of them are looking better unfortunately i am not gonna be able to get  a ph tester until friday.

4. How often are you watering the plants? Is there drains in the buckets?   My plants looked similiar on my first grow and it turned out I was over watering them.   Save this link it's very very helpful: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

5. I have a feeling your troubles will nearly disappear if you use.a new growing medium

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. yea im going to agree with both of these.  I think theyll be fine if you make sure you arent watering until they have dried the soil.  When they are this small it can take a long time to dry the medium.  I think what you are dealing with though is just some of them having trouble establishing roots in that soil.  Looks real full of large pieces and lacking in any light medium.  Once they get a root mass going they should be fine though.  In the future id start seedlings in a much lighter soil and transplant to that one if you insist on using it.  That being said, id just leave those alone.  Do what you are doing, and dont overwater.  they will eventually take off but will just be a bit behind the ones that started healthy.