First time grower - Need lots of help! Have pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DMV1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Hey everyone! :wave:

I've been doing research on these forums and other sites but its a little overwhelming when you're brand new! I have a lot of questions so please bear with me.

I would like to grow 1 (maybe 2 at the most) plants for personal use. I have no desire to sell so I dont need a lot of plants. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible, I dont have much space and im working on a budget :D

I have a closet that I dont use that I would like to turn into the grow room. Here are a couple pics

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (yes the left side is slanted)

Does this appear to be enough space to grow 1-2 plants?

So far I have:

5 gallon pot
    Box (that I will construct myself to house them)
    cfl bulb

I'd like to have the lights and water run on a schedule so would this product be a good way of accomplishing that?

Indoor 1-Outlet Digital Timer

also read I'd need a thermostat and humidity gauge, would this work?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BKDO8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0026L3BV6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0BF1V4G0KADTH2EV5MDF"]Amazon.com: Chaney Indoor Thermometer and Humidity Gauge: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Other than that I think the only things I'm missing are soil (recommendations?) and seeds (recommendations?) Let me know if I missed anything.

Also, would hydroponics be too much for a beginner or would it be easier? Like I said I'd like to keep this as simple as possible

I have more questions but I dont want to overwhelm anyone into not helping me lol

Thanks in advance!