First time grower need help !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GIANNA8522, Aug 10, 2019.

1. no they are small just let the top inch or so of soil dry then water with a spray bottle for a week or two only spray the dirt surrounding them

2. plus ur lite needs to b like 30 in away from them until they get 5 or 6 nodes up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heh... did you read my new journal? I explained that.
    You NAILED it.

4. Happy frog is milder

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I must admit that I do not understand the reason for your question... and I’d like to answer.

6. U could wait til they droop a little than pick up pots so u can feel them dry

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. New media can be sketchy when it comes to even water disbursement... at first.
    When I start my germinating, I start watering my five gallon pots while growing the plants in cups.
    When the seedling is ready for transplant, I remove the empty cup and lower my plant into the perfect size hole in evenly moist soil.
    Smooth... unnecessary... but my hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Definitely gonna try them next , thanks bro

9. I now use a mixture of FF ocean forest, happy frog, perlite, and non granulated dolomite lime. When i use lets say 4 plants in 5 gallon pots i will mix up my ingredients in a large plastic tub. Half ocen forest and half happy frog, then add about 30% perlite, and 1.5 cups of non granulated dolomite lime. Use 1 Tablespoon of non granulated dolomite lime per gallon. I use a little extra due to the extra volume of soil that will be made due to the added perlite. This mix will provide nutes for about 3 weeks and not HOT nutes either like if you were using straight ocen forest, good draining soil, airy for the roots to provide oxygen, and will be ph balanced throughout your grow. For seedlings i now use roots organic micro greens mixed with 20% happy frog and 20% fine perlite. The seedling mixture i use is not a HOT mixture and is very good draining and airy for the roots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Best advice i can give you is do a lot of reading, take notes and always keep journals of your grows so you can go back later and figure out what worked and what didnt work. No 2 grows will ever be the same. Even if you have 2 seeds of the same strain growing , each one will be different and act differently to training and nutes, being each seed may have a different percentage of pheno compared to the other seed. Only way to get a grow 100% dialed in to use the same nutes and techniques every grow is to use clones of a mother plant you grew to where you know exactly how that mother plant grew and responded to your training and nute program. Growing for me is fun and now a full time hobby outside of it being medically necessary for the wife. I love growing and trying out new ways of doing things to see what works better and easier. Growing is trial and error. Your going to have ups and downs but that's what makes it fun, but if you do a lot of research you can start out growing successfully. Everybody learns something new with every grow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That does sound like a really good mix. I'm ordering some new female seeds and making a room strictly for vegging so I can get the hang of it and still flower my plants ( if they make it ). I will try this because I'm not happy with the way this soil is. Added perlite is for extra oxygen I'm assuming ? What is the lime for ?

12. I really appreciate all the help man this is pretty much my dream to master this. Already spent like 2000 on the grow room so cant wait to see some results. But I know patience is key. I feel like theres so much to learn but I wont give up and have come so far. How long have you been doing this ? Did it take you a few grows before you got it right as well ?

13. The non granulated dolomite lime is to keep the soil ph balanced at a ph of 6.5 the whole grow. Say your ph watering is off a little the soil will balance it back to 6.5. Doesn't mean you can just stop adjusting your ph in your water mixture. Its like insurance in case your meter is off calibrated or you forget to ph a watering. It keeps it at the 6.5 ph range. You still need to always ph your water and nute mixtures.

14. Awesome advice man your a life saver. I'm gonna do that plus ph my water from no on. Honestly I flushed one yesterday with water at 6.5 and it already seems like its parking up !!!! Thank you so much o wise one lol

15. BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤ love this page

• Like Like x 1
  16. Could not Express enough gratitude to you guys. I really think I made a HUGE step in the right direction in only 24 hours since joining. So happy right now ❤❤❤

• Like Like x 1