First time grower, need help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by planepassenger, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ok, so i have a bag of seeds. i have planted one of them and i have a sprout with two pointed leaves, but they are not jagged like a marijuana leaf. what did i do wrong? and i need some pointers on lights and starting off.

2. Those are milk leaves. . . .odds are. . . That's normal for the first set of leaves. The next set will have three, then five, so on and they get more texture to them also so no fear. . .there are many avenues for lighting. My suggestion is to check out the stickies in this absolute beginners forum. There are several that talk about lights. But the rule of thumb is 100watts per plant. I started veging with a bunch of 23 watt cfls and even flower with them. I have two thirty watt bulbs and four 23 watt bulbs flowering just on one of my flowering plants. Its all dependent on your space and how big ya want them. If you go the cfl route, remember to veg with 6500k (daylight) bulbs and flower with 2700k (soft white) bulbs. The more ya have the beefier they will be. Bigger budget ??? Then go with metal halide for veg and high pressure sodium for flower.

3. They're called the cotyledon's. many plants regardless of fruiting body start this way. Gotta love micro-biology major

4. yea man, the round leaves are fine, all the leaves from here on are bud leaves. good job. dont over water. maybe once every 4 days. use only a 1/4 of the recommend strength nutes at first on any nutes you got. and good luck! :smoke:

5. take a look at the grow in my sig....the same thing happened with me

6. Read some grow guides buddy...you would of known you did not do anything wrong :)